I Won!!! I Won!!!! I Won!!!!

jackboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my first letter off on Monday and checked with Royal Mail and it was delivered on Tuesday so just have to wait!

Karen

August 06- S.A.R. handed into a Halifax Branch

Sept 06 statements received and first letter sent requesting repayment of charges totalling £3,90

beginning Oct 06 received phone call offering £1,397, said would accept as interim payment andLBA letter sent same day

mid Oct 06 MCOL submitted online

end Oct 06 paid in full including interest and court fee - £4,980!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I've received their letter saying that I will receive a reply within 4 weeks - I don't think so!!!! They received my first letter on 19th Sept so the 14th day from then is the 2nd October so on the 3rd of October, I'll send my LBA.

Getting excited now!

Karen

Sept 06 statements received and first letter sent requesting repayment of charges totalling £3,90

beginning Oct 06 received phone call offering £1,397, said would accept as interim payment andLBA letter sent same day

Hi

Sent my first letter off to the Halifax last week asking for £3,800ish back and received their letter asking to give them 4 weeks to look into it - unless they get back to me before the 2nd October, my LBA letter wil be going then.

My real reason for posting is that my pet insurance is with Sainsburys and the direct debit is set to go out on the 2nd of each month but for some reason, in August they didn't request it until the 9th and as I was £1.50 short, the Halifax refused it and charged me £39 for the pleasure. Rang Sainsburys to ask why it was requested a week late and the lady on the phone said that they had some problems with the direct debits and that if I wrote into them enclosing a copy of the letter from my bank, Sainsburys should reimburse me the bank charge as it was their fault they tried to take it late. Sent the letter and received a reply from them dated 6th September saying that they will look into it and they aim to resolve it within 10 working days - it is now on the 13th working day since their letter and have they contacted me again? NOPE!

Just rang them to ask what is happening and waiting for a call back from their Customer Services Executive with an update - lucky me. The funny thing is on their website, they list their partner bank as the Halifax!!!! So if Sainsburys wriggle out of refunding the charge, I'll just get in back in my bank charges refund and if they do refund it, and the Halifax also pay up - I'm a winner!!!

Karen

Just had a phone call from Sainsburys - the cheque for £39 is in the post today!!!

And if the Halifax pay out as well!! then I'm quids in!!

Karen

About to send my LBA letter today and just had a call from them offering me £1397! Told him that I wouldn't accept it at the moment and wanted the full amount. He is going to put it in writing to me but what do I do now? Do I wait for their letter or do I do my LBA today?

I have to admit I was tempted but as I'm claiming £3,929, I'll carry on with my claim.

Karen

Hi

Already posted this on my thread but thought it might get missed.

The Halifax have just rang me offering me £1,397 in full and final settlement, but as I'm asking for £3,929, told the gentleman that I wanted the full amount. I was tempted to accept but as I told him, it's my money and I would like it back please? He said that £1,397 was the highest he could go and he would confirm the offer by letter.

What I wanted to ask was I'm due to send my LBA letter today, do I still send it and mention the telephone call and offer but that I will be continuing, or do I wait for their letter to come?

Thanks

Karen

Hi

Already posted this on my thread but thought it might get missed.

The Halifax have just rang me offering me £1,397 in full and final settlement, but as I'm asking for £3,929, told the gentleman that I wanted the full amount. I was tempted to accept but as I told him, it's my money and I would like it back please? He said that £1,397 was the highest he could go and he would confirm the offer by letter.

What I wanted to ask was I'm due to send my LBA letter today, do I still send it and mention the telephone call and offer but that I will be continuing, or do I wait for their letter to come?

Thanks

Karen

Stick with your timetable and do not let the bank dictate theirs to you. If the 14 days are up then send your LBA regardless, I would make no mention of the phone call or the offer. If you don't get a satisfactory reply to the LBA after 14 days then put in your court claim.

The bank will try every dodge to try and delay you, don't let them. The timescale is in your hands and yours alone.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Karen

If I were you I would stick to your timetable

You can accept it as an interim payment by adjusting the LBA to reflect this. You just need to make it clear that you are not accepting it as full and final and you will still take them to court for the full amount.

You may well find that they then withdraw this offer anyway because you won't accept it as full and final but, stick it out for the whole amount -it is well worth it IMO.

Sarah

Help - going to send off my LBA today but altered it slightly to read:-

Thank you for your telephone conversation of today’s date offering me the sum of £1,397.00 in settlement of my bank charges claimed. I would advise you that I will accept this as an interim payment but will continue to pursue the remaining of the amount I am claiming.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £3,929.00. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 18 September 2006.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Does the first paragraph sound ok?

Thanks

Karen

Personally I wouldn't thank them for their call (but that's just me being in a bad mood!). I would say further to our telephone conversation I confirm that accept your offer of £1,397.00 as an interm payment, however advise you that I will continue to pursue the remaining of the amount I am claiming.

The letter is fine.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Closey

I've changed it to read 'further to our telephone conversation of today's and then rest of your suggestion.

Karen

Keep us posted karen

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sent my LBA yesterday and mentioned the phone call and that I would accept it but only as an interim payment so will see what happens next. If no response by 17 October, will put in my court claim.

Hi,

I'm looking to act on my Mum's behalf - she just got charged £39 for going over OD 14p. Does anyone know the best way of going about this? Was think a letter from her to bank to say direct through me? Problem is I live 250 miles away and reading through some of the repsonse times will want to keep things moving. In addition, don't want her to have to deal with the bank on the phone.

Thanks

Hi

After my telephone conversation on Tuesday with the Halifax, I sent my LBA mentioning that I would accept their offer of £1,397.00 as an interim payment but would continue to pursue them for the rest - I'm claiming £3,929.00. Received their letter today confirming their offer and enclosing an acceptance form for me to complete and send back.

In the letter it states that they are not prepared to refund me the charges for the last 6 years, and will only refund the last 24 months as a gesture of goodwill. That it is upto me to ensure sufficient funds are in my account, to avoid charges being made, and that they reserve the right to close my account if I fail to manage it correctly.

Is this a standard letter and if so, do I do anything or just wait for the LBA to reach them and see if they contact me again with an offer? If they don't contact me before, on the 18 October I will make my claim through Moneyclaim.

Thanks

Karen

It is a standard letter, apart from the 24 months. The common response is to only offer 6 months. Theres a template letter to reject the offer in the library here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

and definately stick to your LBA timescales.

Good Luck

yes I got this letter but offering only 6 months not 6 years ! sent a latter of acceptance as part of the claim. do not sign that form ! I put a line through mine with pen & sent it with the letter

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

I didn't sign the form at all, just sent them a letter informing them that I would only accept as part payment and reminding them that they xxx amount of days before court action

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

To Lisa and Brad

Can I ask if they paid up in the end?

thanks

Karen

Sorry Brad

Just read your details so that's answered my question

To Lisa and Brad

Can I ask if they paid up in the end?

thanks

Karen

My Halifax Card account settled £240 after 1st letter!

I am due to start with Money Claim for the remaining 2 claims tomorrow !

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

7 THREADS MERGED.......

Please do not start separate threads for each question in relation to one claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Sorry - I get carried away

I'll be good from now on.

I'm sending them the letter Aardvark recommended but should I be really cheeky and use the prepaid envelope they've sent me with their letter confirming their offer?

Not going to send it recorded delivery, as I've done with the rest as I sent them my LBA on Tuesday by recorded.

Karen

I would highly recommend sending the letter recorded delivery. Those who chose not to generally find that the bank didn't receive their letter.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06