Received RLP letter for £89.50

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wrongfully so stole from primark.

The items came up to £9.50.

I was with a 13 and 14 year old who didn't get a fined, however I did due to being 16.

I had most of the goods, they were damaged (labels off), and we offered to pay them the £9.50.

The police was called, no formal warning was given

~ I understand I was in the wrong, however I don't think it warrants almost £90!

If I ignore the letters more will come and it will stress out my mum

- is there a letter I can send not to deny responsibility because I am responsible !

But to deny owing then money?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

With RLP they are starting to get 'mischievous' with their letters. Does your mum know about what you did?

If yes then it is a quite simple process but it won't stop the letters.

I suggest you respond with the one liner.

"Any liability to either you or any company that you represent is denied"

This company is not out to deter thieves. They are out to profit from the misery caused.

It matters not what you admit or don't. The charge they are after is not a true estimate of the costs. Yes you do owe Primark £9.50 as the goods were damaged but they didn't take it did they.

You have not been convicted of any crime and in this country it is innocent before proof of guilt. For this to be proved, Primark would have to instigate court action as RLP cannot do this themselves. Primark do not do court. You are also under 18 so a civil case cannot happen.

If the letters Primark send are addressed to you and nothing has been sent to your mum, you could tell RLP that you remove their right to contact your parents.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It is not a fine, it is a request for payment from a company that has nothing to do with your situation

and as you are under 18 have no right to ask or demand anything of you.

Primark keep their prices down by not employing staff to deal with matters such as theft properly

so they have washed their hands of everything and as the police wont get involved further RLP will threaten you with all sorts of things

in an attempt to get you to pay money you dont owe to them.

They are not interested in justice, just their cash.

By the way,

the police dont spend much time dealing with thieves at Primark, Lidl and other discount stores

because they fail to have the resources in place to help themselves prevent theft in the first place

and that makes the police's job almost impossible when someone is caught.

Follow the advice in the above post and keep away from temptation by not returning to Primark.

Thanks for the replies,

I was plannin on ignoring them, but would the one liner be better?

I know I owe the £9.50 but since they didn't take it don't think they have any grounds to demand any more money of me,

If they don't convict me as an adult, then why should they try and claim money of me as one?

My mum does know and I am banned for the store,

It's all been dealt with except RLP.

The one liner is best as she cant say you havent objected to it, or any of the other silly things she says. Once it is sent, then you can ignore the silly cow.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am glad your mum knows. This halves the stress on you but doubles it for your mum :-). That is what parents are for isn't it!

Please reassure her that RLP can do bu**er all to you. The letters they send will be full of legal waffle but at the end of the day, it is just words. they will probably say they will wait till you are 18 then start action. ER! No they won't.

They may even try to send a debt collector who are also as impotent as RLP.

One of our esteemed site team will be doing a 'what to do' list for others who find themselves in your situation.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If they refused your offer of payment for the goods at the time, then I really think they are on a hiding to nothing ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D