HSBC Credit Card Default on Callcredit.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2406 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

New poster so be gentle.....

I recently signed up for Noddle to keep an eye on my Credit File as I reach the end of my DMP. Subsequently I noticed that there is a Default on my file for a HSBC Credit card that was part of my DMP -- dated 2012.

I set up my DMP in 2005 and I am due to finish in December this year having paid in over £50,000!! So, as you can imagine, I am not happy about this default as it won't drop off until 2018 despite being accepted into a DMP 9 years ago!

A little bit of history:

- DMP set up in Nov 2005, all creditors accepted offers including HSBC for this account.

- HSBC transferred this account to Moorcroft in 25/4/2006.

- Moorcroft transferrred this back to HSBC 11/1/2013, administered by Metropolitan Collection Services.

- The account is showing on my Credit File on Equifax as Satisfied on 31/8/2012 and no other payment info

- The account isn't on my Experian file at all!!

- The account shows on Callcredit/Noddle with no payment info apart from the account showing as Satisfied and also a Default, both dated 31/8/2012!

I have no idea why HSBC decided to resurrect this account on the CRAs and why they decided to register this default.

Here comes the Questions:

Could this be a mistake? - How do I check?

Are HSBC allowed to register a default without informing me - particularly 7 years after it was originally defaulted and included in a DMP. I haven't received/seen any communication relating to this.

What are the initial steps to get this removed as I think having worked my @rse off for 9 years to clear my DMP that I would come out the other side with a reasonable credit file!

Any advice really appreciated?

Thanks

MJSWIFT

Hi Welcome to CAG,

One thing stands out straight away, Noddle is an off shoot of Call Credit and uses "2nd hand" data and is not always up to date.

To attempt removal of erroneous entries you must make a Formal Complaint to the Data Controller of the company which has its name on the entry, copy the letter to the Data Controller at the credit reference agency as well.

Require Noddle to put a " notice of correction/dispute on the entry.

Please do not expect this to be achieved quickly as there will be communication between HSBS (slow) and Noddle (even slower)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: