Advice please - Orange/EE not providing contractual service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with this? I've been with Orange for probably 10 yrs now, same account & number, and I upgraded my phone in January after my previous 24 months ended, and opted for a non-iPhone deal for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Anyway, since then, EVERY bill has been wrong and we have been charged for every megabite of data, even though as part of my tarrif I get 1gb included.

I called them on 7th April to complain about this and was told by a chap there that they hadn't applied the correct tariff and that he would pass it to their 'resolution' team or some other department, to deal with it and get things refunded.

It's today the 26th April and I called to chase them as we have heard nothing, and was told that it had never been referred to anyone (the lady today said it should be the billing department).

Up to now I was quite happy for them to correct their error and get on with it but quite frankly I've had enough of their shoddy service and believe that I have a right to terminate or rescind the contract, as they haven't fulfilled their side of the contract and provided me with the service that I signed up to.

Am I right? Surely they can't just say 'we're resolving the problem' as the person on the phone today said? It's very nearly May and not one of our bills has been correct.

Could I ask anyone who knows about this sort of thing a couple of questions please? Firstly, who should I write to, just the complaints department or cancellations department, or formally to the MD?

Secondly is it advisable to send the handset back with this letter? I'm not fussed about trying to cancel and keep the phone, that is not my objective at all, but don't know if I need to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark.

One thing you need to know about these peopel is that they are bullies. If you just stop your payments without sorting it out, they will simply treat you as a defaulter and you will go through years of hell trying to sort out your credit file and all of the other DCA problems which go with it.

The solution is to write to them and state the full position and to threaten them with a County Court claim. They will not take any notice until the claim is issued. Then when they have the court papers, they will start to take action to sort it out.

You are already making a big mistake by dealing with them on the phone without recording your calls. Already they have made valuable admissions to you which would have destroyed them in court but you have no record of what they have said - and you will never manage to get the recordings from them. You have been on this forum since 2010 - and you still haven't appreciated that you should be recording your calls.

Start from zero. Speak to them on the phone and record the calls. Then do the writing. In the meantime start finding about about bringing a small claim in the county court.

Don't threaten them unless you intend to go through with it. Don't bluff. Here is part 1 of a moneyclaim guide - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?1042-Moneyclaim-online-part-1

At least you are now using an android phone which will allow you to record your calls. This recorder here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appstar.callrecorder is excellent - but make sure you learn how to use it first and also send a copy of any sound files to yourself by email so that you are not relying simply on the copy stored on the phone - which would be another silly mistake.