Nationwide credit card

chrisphilip
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Straight to the point where going through some issues with money

Wife works and now is pregnant I lost my job while ago.

issue credit card missed few payments owe money.

Nationwide are saying they wont accept the offer we have made to pay the money back.

Now we have Nationwide bank account with overdraft.yes we have an overdraft money is paid in every week and month so running well.

They said to me on the phone they will take the overdraft away and can take any money going into that account to clear my credit card account.

My question is can they do that?

The short answer is YES, they can 'offset' money going into your account to pay whatever other accounts you might be unfortunate to have with them.

The best answer is to open up another account, with a completely separate banking group whereby they won't be able to dip their grubby mitts into it and take what they like.

As there are no ethical banks left anymore, your choices are pretty limited, but don't feel at all obliged to stick with the same one out of some kind of misguided loyalty, your just a number to them, regardless of how long you may have banked with them.

Kick them into touch, protect your income first.

Nationwide have no say in the matter as to how much they can & can't accept, they WILL accept whatever you offer end of.

Keep everything in writing, NEVER deal with this over the phone.

How long have you had the CC?

When did you take it out?

How much of the balance is the banks fees and charges?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!