LTSB credit card sold to Marlin

lewis94
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on a debt management plan since 2007 and out of all the debtors LTSB are the most annoying and keep ringing ane mailing me asking for more money, threats etc.

The last call was that they reviewed my account and I owed £1.94 from last september, however I could only make a payment of £5 over the phone.

I would like to offer to make a full and final settlement for 70% of the debt to get them off my back. I have contacted them many times and they keep saying they will either get back to me/put me on hold/or I cannot make a reduced clearance payment.

Does anyone know the best way to go about this or at least a correct contact number or address?

Thanks

Hi

I tried to settle with lloyds while they were dealing with the account and could never egt to speak to anyine in the UK , always got somone in India! ( You shouldn't talk on the phone , they record everything ).

So I wrote to them with an offer of F&F and never had a response.

Then they defaulted me and passed the file onto a DCA ( debt collection agent ). The DCA offered 10% off the aleged debt a few months ago , more recently they have accepted a 70% discount offer. But they refuse to provide a letter accepting this in the correct way , so we are even negotiating they formet of the letter now...

here is the link to the Lloyds F&F i sent them with the 30% offer , I approached along the lines of ' you offered this custome this deal , so why wont you offer the same to me ? ' Once I get the correct letter from the DCA it will have worked.

LLoydsSettlementletter1.jpg

Anway good luck and start you offers low as you can always offer more later.

Ron

Debts settled £135K

discount so far £68K :)

Hi

Got to be honest here, LLoyds are the very worst of all creditors and the sooner i can get free from them the better. They are so unhelpful and are constantly phoning my house, sending vile letters and not acknowleding my DMP with them, even though the money is sent every month to them. Fed up to the back teeth with them

You need to be careful with these offers to pay a discounted settlement figure. There is a thread on the capital one thread, which explains that even if they offer to accept a final figure, once you have paid it they can still come after you for the balance. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. I'm still waiting for Lloyds to respond to my s78 request.

Just to say the call centres that are non english,im finding they are more helpful than english..escpecially lloyds,i once spoke to someone in an english call centre,arrogant bas%$"£d felt like telling him to go off somewhere..

i do prefer the overseas..

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know the best way to go about this or at least a correct contact number or address?

Thanks

Hi lewis94. I am also trying to get Lloyds to accept my FFS offer but to no avail :(. The address I am using is

Lloyds TSB

Collections Post Team

3 City Park

The Droveway

Hove

East Sussex

BN3 7AU

However, I have actually found them ok for accepting my DMP and when the temporary period for this is up and due for review, I have always managed to get the DMP up and running again. They don't hassle me with phone calls. I just wish they would accet my full and final settlement.

The worst credit card company has to be MBNA :mad:

Hi all

Agreed MBNA are the worst ....................

34.9% is criminal...............

DCA's are awful..........

Once you get a year behind with Lloyds they should settle if you have no equity in your property.....

Ron

Debts settled £135K

discount so far £68K :)

Once you get a year behind with Lloyds they should settle if you have no equity in your property.....

Ron

I am about 4 years into my DMP with Lloyds and they are not interested in my offers, nor equity in my property - they have never asked. I am paying them £18 pm for a debt of around £3,500.

It was suggested on this site that I stopped paying Lloyds to try and get it passed over to a DCA and maybe then my offer would more likely be accepted, but I thought better of this as I have a house and do not want another charging order and court appearances. So, Lewis94, if you have property then I would not reccommend this. Some advice on here really does have to be thought over carefully as everyones circumstances are different.

I have CCA'd them and it seems above board apart from it doesn't have their signature on.

To Lewis94, let us know if you have any luck with Lloyds ;)

Edited by benboy

• 6 months later...

I have written to all my creditors asking if they will accept reduced full and final settlements as I am being made redundant (a copy of the redundancy noticed attached to all correspondence sent) yet all I get from Lloyds is a short two line letter saying 'We cant accept'. I am offering 60% of a oustanding debt of £4200. The others have accepted between 55% and 68%.

Is there anyway I can move this forward or what will happen when I finish in 17 days time and have no money to pay anyway? Will I end up going to court?

Thanks

I have written to all my creditors asking if they will accept reduced full and final settlements as I am being made redundant (a copy of the redundancy noticed attached to all correspondence sent) yet all I get from Lloyds is a short two line letter saying 'We cant accept'. I am offering 60% of a oustanding debt of £4200. The others have accepted between 55% and 68%.

Is there anyway I can move this forward or what will happen when I finish in 17 days time and have no money to pay anyway? Will I end up going to court?

Thanks

lloyds are indeed fools , unless you have some assets , then in 17 days time you can offer them £1 per month

Hi lewis94,

As rhos rightly says LTSB are daft not to accept your offer considering your circumstances...........although they may be thinking of what assets you have in deciding whether to accept your proposal, ie, if you are a home-owner etc.

I did read somewhere the following rough guide as to what creditors are likely to accept in Full and Final settlement -

1) Debt still with original creditor but no default - 90% or more of balance

2) Debt still with original creditor but with default - 75% or more of balance

3) Debt with 'in house' debt collectors of original creditor - 60% or more of balance

4) Debt with external debt collection agent but still owned by original creditor - 40% or more of balance

5) Debt purchased by external debt collection agent - 25% or more of balance

I can say that I have been previously been offered reductions of between 30 and 70% on debts with Lloyds which are in default and being chased by external DCAs (so number 4 would apply). Unfortunately I haven't been in a position to accept their offers :sad:

Hope this helps,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
added something

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Lloyds are being really stupid,,a letter along the lines of "in 17 days time I will no longer be in a position,to make this offer with this in mind due to the redundancy which you are very aware of,I would ask you to accept a reduced payment offer of £1 per month as this will be the maximum amount I will be able to afford" or something similar..................FS

Many Thanks. In effect I have no assests and live with my parents, this has already been accepted as true by a district judge on a previous case.

well what idiots lloyds tsb are, you have nothing but greedy lloyds want it all! send them £1 per month token payment.

I have now had a letter from Lloyds saying they wont accept £1 payment and wont accept the full and final offer of 60% even though I will have now job in just over two weeks. They say if I dont complete another income and expenditure form and pay the amount of £68 per month (which I have been paying under a DM plan) then they will default my agreement.

Does anyone have any further information that would help?

can you post the letter up, remove all your personal details, i would indeed send them a letter stating that a token payment is all you can afford, due to your current situation. ( if you have nothing then you have nothing to fear) do not send them another I/E form. send them a copy of your letter that you will be made redundant, hence this is my offer of a token £xxx payment per month. its a case of take it or leave it!

I have already sent them a copy of my letter from HR at work and also copies of the timetable of me finishing. They seem to take no notice of it.

If they dont accept the £1 payment what happens next? Can they take me to court? I dont want to get defaulted and I dont want the hassle of another debt collection company, yet I want to make sure someone in the right place knows I am trying to settle.

You say you have been paying your creditors through a DMP,your own or through a company if the latter who????????I assume that your other creditors have all accepted a full and final settlement???????????????have these been completed, if not yet,tell us, you need to be very very careful with F&Fs and the wording,and what you accept. LLoyds can take you to court and your credit file can be trashed but the courts will with out doubt come down in your favour and go with the £1 as long as this will be the honest amount you can afford.Although you are not happy about the debt being passed to a DCA,if it is they will probably accept your 60% offer,its a mad situation,depends on what you say about the DMP on what advice we give.............good luck...FS

It was with a 'paid' debt management plan but then I took over about 12months ago and started paying a little more than the agreed amount on all the debtors direct and without a fee. Two have accepted full and final and two havent at the moment, but one is stalling asking to see confirmation of the others.

It is good that you have got out of fee payment DMP as you are well aware now you can DIY or use CCCS for example for free.I think it will be in your interest to post up the 2 creditors agreement of acceptance minus all identifying details,unless you are 100% sure.that the balance of the debt will not be passed to a DCA at a later date and that your credit file will be marked as satisfied or cleared.I dont want to be doom and gloom but the wording of the F&F by the creditor is critical.The creditor sitting on the fence have you offered a similar amount 60%?????Lloyds,in writing make it very clear your other creditors have accepted and as they feel they are unable to,as from (next payment date) your offer will be £1 per month as this will be all you can afford.I am sure you have read other threads on this subject and 60% is quite a high settlement figure...........................FS

I have now had a letter from Lloyds saying they wont accept £1 payment and wont accept the full and final offer of 60% even though I will have now job in just over two weeks. They say if I dont complete another income and expenditure form and pay the amount of £68 per month (which I have been paying under a DM plan) then they will default my agreement.

Sounds fishy - are you sure that they haven't defaulted the account already? They can't make you pay more than you can afford and on benefits that will be £1 pm!

• 5 months later...

Long story short, but Ive been paying Llyods and others back on a debt management plan for the last year and a half.

Got my finances down from £25k debt to just under £10k.

Lloyds setup an agreed payment plan from November 2010 until August 2011 to be reviewed every 3 months.

I increased the payment in Feb 2011.

They keep telling me I am in arrears and they will default me,

but every time I ring them they say dont worry its standard letters etc.

I have written to them 9 times since January 2011 and not had one response so I went to the FOS.

They have logged my information and suddenly Lloyds have written to me.

The letter now states " I would like to advise you that your account is in the process to be transferred to CDR."

Can they really do this when I am on a payment plan that has been agreed and I have a letter confirming this?