BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I'm afraid that I'm not especially familiar with the injunctions and orders et cetera that are available in these kinds of buried difficult situations. What I am pretty certain of is that if there is some kind of proceedings began while the partner is still living in the home then that will increase tensions to an intolerable level and also increase any danger. I think this would mean that they would have to be a move to have the abusive partner excluded from the home. How many children are there and why should she be worried that the children might be taken away? I have to say that if the children are living in a situation where they are aware that there is this level of abuse between their parents then it can only be extremely damaging to them and the sooner the matter was resolved and the home became a peaceful and stable environment for them, the better. I think this would absolutely require the removal of the abusive partner. If the police have already been made aware of his abusive behaviour then it seems to me that the presumption will be in favour of her remaining at the home with her children. One thing she should certainly do is start to keep a detailed log of what is going on. She needs to be extremely careful that this log is not discovered and in fact I think that there is an app which maybe allows a log to be kept and is stored off the phone and in the cloud somewhere. I will check it out and come back. I very much hope that there will be others who have experience of this kind of thing either because they have been in this kind of situation or else because they have supported somebody who is in that situation who will be able to come along and give better advice. Can you tell us more about the children please. I think that their well-being might be pivotal to finding a solution to the whole problem
    • Hi All,   Not sure if this is the correct section to post in, please move if it isn't.   During the storm over the last couple of days I noticed a tiled on the shed roof had slipped and opened a hole, on close inspection it turns out they are Asbestos tiles. Nowhere in our survey did it state that and we weren't informed during the sale period.   This is our first house so I had no idea what Asbestos looked like and didn't suspect a thing, we just new the roof looked a little worse for wear and would plan to replace it once settled in etc.   I am assuming this is now going to cost a lot more to have removed and replaced, and we would of factored the cost in when we made the offer on the property.   Is there anything I can do in regards to either the Surveyors or the Estate Agents to have the costs either contributed to or covered ?   Thanks
    • Hi BF,  The other GDPR post relates to a GDPR request on an independent Nissan Car Dealership and not Nissan itself. I have had to make two SAR requests as they are two separate companies.    The SAR request referred to in this post was served to Nissan UK (Head Office) on 09-01-2020. 
    • CENTRAL LOANS LIMITED Company number 04205508
    • And if we plead not guilty, but judge says we are guilty, then it will be worse than accepting the 3 points and £100 fine?   I argue that it’s not dangerous because someone is less likely to walk up and scratch themselves on the sharp bit at back while the car is being driven I.e. moving vehicle , than if car was parked up at home and someone walked behind the car and scratched themselves against bumper.    also it was being driven carefully and not at speed, on the way to get damage fixed?    Wouldn’t a judge accept that all of this is reasonable?
  • Our picks

Nottingham2013

Do lenders contact employers/are they allowed to?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2126 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Do lenders do this, I'd hate to think everytime I make an application they are discussing it with my bosses!?

Some do and yes if you supply them with details and authority at application stage.

If it is for a large amount of money or a secured loan, then yes. If it is for a small sum, then really theres no reason at all for them to contact the employer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Off what I have found it seems they are not allowed to under the data protection act. Having to provide payslips when applying for a mortgage suggests they are not allowed to contact them themselves.

Some creditors are allowed and will contact an employer. Like i said, if it is for a large amount of money or a mortgage, a lot of lenders will contact the employer to confirm the payslip details, as payslips can easily be forged, as well as a lot of companies providing payslips online only.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Would they have to make it blatantly clear on the application that they will be contacting them?

They should do yes. Usually something like " As part of our procedures, your employer may be contacted in order to verify the information you have provided to us."

They cant simply contact them with no info to you.