Help needed with T-mobile excess charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3649 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi;

I have a problem with T-mobile i would to get your opinions on.

All my problems started about a year ago.

I have been on T-mobile for quite a few years now.

Last year, they charged me extra £400 for things i shouldn't have been charged

and all done without my knowledge as i pay by direct debit.

But after long phone conversation, they refunded all the amount back.

They said i made calls to 08 numbers and lyca mobiles.

Who would know what numbers are lyca and what not!

Anyone can just transfer their existent number and you wouldn't know.

To cut the long story short,

i told them i wanted to leave.

They have given me a great package for £27 which was called the Full Monty

(1000 minutes, unlimited text and internet).

They also added extra international minutes as i do make calls abroad.

I was also told i would use my minutes to call 08 and lyca numbers without being charged extra.

Now, each and every month they are charging me over £70 and claiming i made international calls.

I argue and explain the situation,

they look at the system and

they say sorry and

tell me they will credit it to next bill but when the next bill arrives,

the same thing happens.

This has been going on for months and i do suffer from Behcet syndrome which is a rare syndrome

where the immune system attacks the good body cells and also cause cognitive problems which results in panic attacks.

I have few other problems caused by the desease.

The reason i am mentioning this is that i already suffer alot on a daily basis and stress is the last thing my immune system needs.

I cannot afford spending £70 for a phone bill and they hours on the phone trying to get my money back. It literally affects my everyday life.

This has been going for a long time and i really don't know what to do anymore.

They know i am right, they see it all in the system but fail to do anything about it.

And this month they are telling me they cannot do anything because i made international calls and called lyca mobiles in UK.

Can anyone please advise me and show me the correct path way to get tmobile to sort this out.

I am happy with the network as long as they provide me with the service they promised.

I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

Kindest Regards...

complain via email to the CEO

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I sent them a letter few weeks ago and the respond i had was that they couldnt do anything and that the bill was right as i made international calls.

I just sent another email to CEO at [email protected]

I sent the below email which is just similar to one above with a 7 days deadline to respond:

But is there anywhere else i can complain to? And if do, how do i get around doing it?

Many thanks for the respond.

Hi;

T-Mobile No: xxxxxxxx

Please accept this email as an official complain. I would request this matter to be carefully investigated otherwise i will have no option but to take things further. I do hope you can help me solve this problem which has been going on for a long time.

All my problems started about a year ago. I have been on T-mobile for quite a few years now and i am a loyal costumer who pays the bill always on time by direct debit. Last year, Tmobile charged me extra amount of around £400 for things i shouldn't have been charged and all done without my knowledge as i pay by direct debit. But after long phone conversation, i was refunded. Tmobile said that i made calls to 08 numbers and lyca mobiles. Who would know what numbers are lyca and what not! Anyone can just transfer their existent number and you wouldn't know.

To cut the long story short, i told them i wanted to leave. They have given me a great package for £27 which was called the Full Monty (1000 minutes, unlimited text and internet). They also added extra international minutes as i do make calls to abroad. To began with my international minutes were around 60 or 90 and it was increased to 136 and then again further increase to ~180 minutes were made on another phone call to complain department. I was also told i would use my minutes to call 08 and lyca numbers without being charged extra.

Now, each and every month Tmobile is charging me over £70 and claiming i made international calls. I argue and explain the situation, they look at the system and they say sorry and tell me they will credit it to next bill but when the next bill arrives, i dont get the refund promised and the same problem occurs again.

This has been going on for months and i do suffer from Behcet syndrome which is a rare syndrome where the immune system attacks the good body cells and also cause cognitive problems which results in panic attacks. I have few other problems caused by the desease. The reason i am mentioning this is that i already suffer alot on a daily basis and stress is the last thing my immune system needs. I cannot afford spending £70 for a phone bill each month and the hours on the phone trying to get my money back. I am unable to work because of my ongoing health problems and i try to cut down on cots but thanks to Tmobile, this whole situation affects my everyday life.

This has been going for a long time and i really don't know what to do anymore. They know i am right, they see it all in the system but fail to do anything about it. And this month they are telling me they cannot do anything because i made international calls and called lyca mobiles in UK. By the way, this whole contract was sent to me as a text message for me to confirm and keep a copy. So if this problems is not resolved within the next 7 days, i will be taking things further as i waited long enough.

Could you please help me with this matter and get back to me within the next 7 days with an explanation. I am happy with the network as long as i am provided with the service T-Mobile promised me.

I would appreciate your help on this matter.

Kindest Regards;

Did you make international calls in excess of the international allowance?

We need more detail on why they think you should be paying, or at least why you feel you shouldn't be paying!

Do they accept they gave you an international calls allowance? Have you exceeded it ?

We need more detail on why they think you should be paying, or at least why you feel you shouldn't be paying!

Do they accept they gave you an international calls allowance? Have you exceeded it ?

Hi bazzas,

Yes they do accept that i have international minutes. I used to have 30 but increased to 60 and then to 138 followed by 180. I even receivd a text message confirming that. I asked for confirmation because i know this would happen.

They still had not responded to my second complain letter. What should i do?

Thanks.

Hi bazzas,

Yes they do accept that i have international minutes. I used to have 30 but increased to 60 and then to 138 followed by 180. I even receivd a text message confirming that. I asked for confirmation because i know this would happen.

They still had not responded to my second complain letter. What should i do?

Thanks.

Good for you for keeping the confirmatory texts !

They might prove to be key.

However, I did ask one further question : did you exceed those allowances?

(Why did they increase them a number of times?)

I'm still unsure if they have charged you unfairly (if you were still within your allowance), or charged you fairly (for minutes over your allowance), and thus can't yet offer reliable advice ....