style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3643 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few days ago I received a notice of enforcement from collectica stating that if I do not pay or agree a payment arrangement by the date above, (april 24th 2014 which is today) an enforcement agent will visit and seize my belongings. I have no money at all till tomorrow and im worried sick that people are going to turn up at my home today.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Tony,

It is a shame that you have given so few details as it is very difficult to properly advise. Given that the debt is being pursued by Collectica I would assume that this relates to a court fine that remains unpaid. Obviously we do not know what fees are being charged and whether or not you had received a previous visit or notice.

If you had received an initial letter by post (with a fee being charged of £75) then this would have been the time in which you should have contacted the company to make an arrangement to pay by installments. It is vitally important that you contact the company NOW to advise them that you can make payment tomorrow. This should be done by email right now.

Thanks for your reply.

yes, the fine is to HMCTS northumbria central enforcement.

I have contacted collectica to try and set up a payment arrangement but needed a payment over the phone to start this off but I cant do anything till tomorrow as I have no money. The person over the phone wasn't very helpful so I then emailed asking to delay a day but got an automatic reply saying they will try to respond in 7-10 days.

The notice of enforcement was dated the 11th but I didn't receive it till Monday the 21st which didn't give me long to try and resolve this

Tony,

What you have described in your response indicates that the new regulations that took effect on 6th April are NOT working as they are supposed to. You say that you received on 21st April a letter dated 11th April (which frankly was anticipated when the new regs were introduced). Do you by any chance still have a copy of the envelope?

Secondly, as predicated, it is difficult to make a payment proposal within the time frame of 7 days given that the enforcement company (in this case Collectica Ltd) provide that email enquiries will take between 7-10 days to respond to.

Were you looking to make a payment proposal or to pay the debt in full? If proposal what rate of payment were you looking to make?

Thanks for your reply,

I am still worrying incase they turn up at my door. Yes I still have the envelope and letter.

My fine is £232 and Iv already came to an agreement with them for £10 a week but that wont start till I make the first payment tomorrow.