Purchased item from trader on eBay. Warranty from purchase date or delivery date?

carled
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm still struggling to find any specific clauses in that legislation. In a nutshell I purchased an item on 18th April 2013. It was despatched on 19th April (a Friday) and delivered on 22nd April 2013. Yesterday (22nd April 2014) I contacted the seller to mention the electrical item had stopped working and their response was, "it has a 12 month warranty, that has now expired". I replied to point out I'd only had it for 12 months and that it had been faulty for some weeks before finally completely failing. It's clear from a seal on the inside of the pump that this wasn't properly put in place and has allowed water to leak in. It's just a bit of shoddy work really and they can probably claim it back from the manufacturer.

Edited to add I spoke to consumer advice who said there is no legislation on warranty. The supplier website has a section on warranty and does not mention date. The Consumer advice service recommended I attack it from the angle of the being unfit for purpose via the sale of goods act.

Hi carled

The Sale of Goods Act 1974 (amended). Select the correct template, amend it, send it to them Recorded Delivery.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

Ring CAB, get a reference number from them:- http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england.htm

On the template write the following:- CC: Complaint Ref: xxxxxxxxxx Trading Standards, xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx (add the address of your local Trading Standards office)

How much did you pay and how did you pay?

Thanks for the help. I've had a couple of sullen emails from them confirming their postal address but they seem completely uninterested in trying to resolve this prior to legal action, which seems daft to me in the circumstances!

I paid £52 + a bit more for delivery. Used direct bank transfer via Paypal. They're based in the Isle of Man but I've already pointed out to them this doesn't exempt them from complying with UK trading regulations ;-)