style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Saturday we were in Morrisons, Newport, Isle of Wight and I urgently needed to use the disabled toilet which was at the far end of the store. On arrival there is a big notice on the door stating that you need to get the toilet door key from till one. As there was no way I could make it to till one at that point I used the gents toilet with great difficulty as the cubicles are very small even if you are only using elbow crutches like myself.

You are not required to get a key for the gents or the ladies in that Morrisons and can enetr as and when you please. I feel that this Morrisons store is discriminating against those that have disabilities and should be reported to whoever enforces the Equality Act laws. Unfortunately I have no idea who this would be so looking for assistance.

I have written to Morrisons and their standard reply is that the manager and staff need further training etc etc. I am very annoyed due to the embarrassment suffered by myself plus others that may be affected by this silly rule of theirs.

Thanks Rebel but do you think I have a case? I would like an apology and a statement that the door will be left unlocked or fitted with a radar lock.

Hi Surfer01

Yes I do, their only argument could be that they don't want fully able bodied persons using the disabled facilities, but that shouldn't disadvantage disabled persons, why should they have to make a journey to collect a key? The fact that the other facilities are left unlocked, whilst the disabled facilities are locked, is discriminatory, disabled persons are being treated differently.

Thanks Rebel but do you think I have a case? I would like an apology and a statement that the door will be left unlocked or fitted with a radar lock.