Sent without prejudice documents with claim - help! ** RESOLVED **

annie42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning I have received a letter from the defendant. They are suggesting that because a telephone conference for mediation has already been arranged for 8th July there is no need for a Case Management Conference and have enclosed an Consent Order for me to sign and send to the Court. I'm inclined not to agree but would value any opinions please.

The CMC was in relation to mediation which is now arranged to take place. Not sure why the CMC is needed anymore.

What does the Consent Order say?

The Consent Order says 1) The Case Management Conference fixed for 8 July to be vacated. 2) The proceedings be stayed until 29 August for the purposes of the claim being mediated 3) In the event that the claim is not settled by 29 August then either party may apply to the Court for directions through to the final Hearing in this matter.

If I refuse to agree the Judge will have to read the evidence before the CMC and, if I have understood what I've read on the internet correctly, he has the power to halt proceedings there and then if he feels the defendant has no reasonable chance of success. That would be the best outcome for me. I will see it through to the end if I have to but it is quite stressful for an unrepresented one man band like me up against the might of a multi national company with legal representation. I have heard they have a policy of defending everything whether they are right or not. The amount is a drop in the ocean to them but is a substantial amount to me. I need all the help I can get. Thanks.

Edited by annie42

Thanks Ganymede. I'm confused as to why the court has called for a CMC to consider the request for a stay for mediation when it knows that I and the defendant have already agreed to it. Why would they do this?

Thanks Ganymede. I'm confused as to why the court has called for a CMC to consider the request for a stay for mediation when it knows that I and the defendant have already agreed to it. Why would they do this?

Not sure of the timeline.

What was first?

The defendant wrote to me to agree directions which included a stay for mediation. I agreed to their proposals and sent the N18 1to the court on 13th May. The court sent the defendant and myself notice (dated 28th May) of the CMC on 8th July to consider the request for a stay. I don't understand why the court is bothering with the CMC unless there is another reason.

I had cause to ring the court to which the case had just been referred to last month. The court official said then that a CMC would probably be held and that was before they had received the N181

• 1 month later...

I've previously posted about this case in which I'm the claimant for breach of contract but it's moved on through the process and the original title is no longer appropriate hence new post.Have declined two WP offers. Formal mediation is next. Please may I have some help with the following questions:

1) Since lodging the claim I have incurred additional costs ie storage costs for the defendants goods and advice from a solicitor. Can I include those costs in the sum we mediate over or must it only be the amount on the claim form?

2) Monetary concerns aside can I ask for a written apology as well?

3) If mediation fails and they settle out of court do they just pay the actual sum noted on the front of the claim form or the sum plus interest which I also asked for on the claim form at a daily percentage rate.

4) In the unlikely event it gets to court is it possible to ask the court to include the additional costs I've mentioned in question 1?

two threads merged for history

please keep to one thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No. I didn't know there was such a thing. Can you give me a bit more info please? Have googled it but can't find much.

Edited by annie42

Legal costs do not go in a schedule of loss as they are costs and not out of pocket expenses.

Just file and serve a schedule ASAP. You should really have included it with your particulars of claim but as you are a LiP you may get away with it.

Head your schedule with a court heading similar to the particulars of claim and titled "Schedule of Loss."

Number your losses and give a brief explanation of each one.

Only include things like storage costs, travel expenses, postage charges, loss of earnings etc etc and not costs or disbursements.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh this is good news - do you want me to amend your thread title now or wait until you have the cheque in your hand ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh righto :lol: I will amend your thread title now then. Well done.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you. Me David they Goliath!

Absolutely, it feels great, doesnt it :)

BCOBS