2x NTO's received for tickets that weren't present!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a residents permit bay on an sunday in Islington when it was free and went to work.

Unfortunately I rarely drive to work and forgot I'd brought the car and headed straight for the tube after work! Duh!

It wasn't until Saturday that I realised my mistake and went back to retrieve the car.

I had three PCN's on the windshield which I paid within a week at the discount rate.

However I have just recieved 2 NTO's for tickets that weren't there!

How am I supposed to pay them if they aren't even there?

Just to be clear: there were 5 days of fineable parking, but there were only 3 tickets present that were dated for the last 3 days.

The NTO's are for tickets supposedly issued on the first 2 days but seem to have been removed.

Also is there a maximum number of tickets that can be received in this situation?

Any advise would be most welcome.

The law states one ticket per calendar day.

As I see it, you have two options, both of which are viable, although not guaranteed.

1. Respond to both NTOs together, with a letter giving both PCN numbers - outline the story, point out that you never returned to the car all week, and ask that these be waived on the principle of proportionality - namely, that one parking act resulting in five PCNs has resulted in a disproportionate cost to you. This might sound overly optimistic, but cases like this have been upheld at adjudication.

2. Respond to each separately, tell them what happened, and ask if they will reinstate the discount. Again, this may well get you a result, although it's up to them.

If it were me, I think I'd go for option 1, and if refused, take them both to an adjudication hearing.

Thanks Jamberson. I'll give option 1 a go.

Green_n_Mean - yes that is pretty obvious thanks, but the NTO's are sent after the 14 day discount period so I would unfairly have to pay £130 per ticket instead of £65.

Thanks Jamberson. I'll give option 1 a go.

Green_n_Mean - yes that is pretty obvious thanks, but the NTO's are sent after the 14 day discount period so I would unfairly have to pay £130 per ticket instead of £65.

Whats would be the alternative? There would seem little point in having a discount period of 14 days if everyone could just claim they hadn't seen the PCN and get longer. I have no doubt you are telling the truth but not everyone is so honest and people try to exploit any loophole. However since you obviously wanted to pay and paid 3 they would probably be open to negotiate the discount if you write to them explaining the situation. If they don't you may as well appeal as you would have nothing to lose.

Yes it seems like it's open to abuse from both sides really, as it certainly wasn't me that removed the first two tickets. Anyway it's not my job to devise a fair system and I'd just like to minimise the damage of what has turned out to be one costly mistake on my part.