• Tweets

• Doc 04-19-2024 11-01-51-merged-compressed.pdf good morning.    9 pages attached.    thank you  UCM
    • Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and thank you for concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Failure to notify change of ownership court case **Case Withdrawn**

Jammin91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I'd really appreciate some advice as

I've spent the whole bank holiday weekend sick with worry at the thought of court on Tuesday.

Here's how it stands

I part exed my car for another early 2013

I took docs to DVLA local office to have my plate transferred over

and also included with it a letter stating the car was now owned by the dealer

The dealer had filled in the yellow slip

The DVLA are taking me to magistrates court after a lot of intimidation and I'm worried sick.

What do I do?

so another case of the DVLA losing documents?

theres several here already.

tell us the story

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

my friend owns a garage.

I traded my car in for a less expensive one as I was looking to get debt free.

Filled in all the paperwork and physically handed it over the counter at my DVLA office.

Alongside this I also paid £80 to transfer the private plate I had on my car onto my new one.

The docs returned but with my name on them to the dealer, Thought nothing of it and

in the meantime the guy who buys the car from the dealer applies for a V5 as the dealer has misplaced it.

That's where it all began.

However since all of this has begun

the dealer found the V5 again but by that time it was too late.

It's a total mess and I'm really worried I've never been in trouble or been to court

Hi everyone I'd really appreciate some advice as

I've spent the whole bank holiday weekend sick with worry at the thought of court on Tuesday.

Here's how it stands

I part exed my car for another early 2013

I took docs to DVLA local office to have my plate transferred over

and also included with it a letter stating the car was now owned by the dealer

The dealer had filled in the yellow slip

The DVLA are taking me to magistrates court after a lot of intimidation and I'm worried sick.

What do I do?

my friend owns a garage.

I traded my car in for a less expensive one as I was looking to get debt free.

Filled in all the paperwork and physically handed it over the counter at my DVLA office.

Alongside this I also paid £80 to transfer the private plate I had on my car onto my new one.

The docs returned but with my name on them to the dealer, Thought nothing of it and

in the meantime the guy who buys the car from the dealer applies for a V5 as the dealer has misplaced it.

That's where it all began.

However since all of this has begun

the dealer found the V5 again but by that time it was too late.

It's a total mess and I'm really worried I've never been in trouble or been to court

Firstly make yourself a cup of tea and take a nice deep breath! You do need to prepare a little for this but it isn't the crime of the century and have confidence in yourself to see it through :)

If I'm being slow then apologies but to clarify -

The dealer you p/ex'd your old car with filled out the yellow section of the V5 with their details and you handed that to the local DVLA office (along with your letter) when you transferred the private plate. Is that correct?

What documents were returned to the dealer that had your name on and who returned sent these to the dealer?

What communications have you received from the DVLA about this and have you spoken/written to them at all?

Firstly make yourself a cup of tea and take a nice deep breath! You do need to prepare a little for this but it isn't the crime of the century and have confidence in yourself to see it through :)

If I'm being slow then apologies but to clarify -

The dealer you p/ex'd your old car with filled out the yellow section of the V5 with their details and you handed that to the local DVLA office (along with your letter) when you transferred the private plate. Is that correct?

What documents were returned to the dealer that had your name on and who returned sent these to the dealer?

What communications have you received from the DVLA about this and have you spoken/written to them at all?

Yes that's correct

They returned the V5 to them and I got the V5 for my new car with my private plate on it

They've told me in liable to a £55 charge. Wrote explaining my situation then I got a summons hence the panic

First thing to always keep at the front of your mind is that your only responsibility is to inform the DVLA of the change of ownership - once you have done that then it doesn't matter if they mess things up, you are not to blame and you have no legal responsibility to check whether they have completed the change in their records.

Did the DVLA local office didn't give you any receipt or acknowledgement for either the V5 yellow section or letter when you handed them over? If so then you'll just need to show that but if not then you are still not guilty but it means you will have to work a bit harder to convince the magistrates that you are telling the truth about having informed the DVLA.

1. Get to the court early - both to get through security and to find where your court is in the building without being in a rush.

2. Dress smartly - magistrates will judge you on your appearance and a suit/tie goes a long way towards appearing respectable.

3. Magistrates courts are notorious for overrunning so your hearing will likely be late unless you are one of the first listed for the day.

4. Have a written record of all of the details for you to refer to - the date you sold the car, who it was sold to, the date you went to the DVLA office etc. Make copies of the letter you gave advising of the change of ownership, bill of sale showing the part ex from the dealer etc.

5. The court is quite intimidating but remember that they are used to hearing from lay people so don't let yourself get flustered and just speak clearly and concisely. You'll be guided through the formal parts like taking your oath and will be told when to sit and stand so just concentrate on what you have to say.

6. When instructed go through the dates and events from your notes and state that you did inform the DVLA at their local office, offer a copy of your letter to prove that and a copy of the plate transfer receipt to show you were actually there, ask the rhetorical question 'Why would I not have informed the DVLA when I was in their office and knew I would be fined if I didn't?', state that this satisfies all your legal responsibilities to inform DVLA. State that as the dealer received the new registration document then this shows that the DVLA had been informed of the change of keeper as you have stated.

7. Without any proof to the contrary the DVLA will struggle to convince anyone 'beyond all reasonable doubt' that they were not informed. They rely mostly on people not turning up to these hearings to get a judgement in their absence, you may even find that when the DVLA solicitor sees that you intend to contest the charge then they drop the proceedings.

Please don't panic about this - remember that you are innocent and you just have to explain that to the magistrates.

First thing to always keep at the front of your mind is that your only responsibility is to inform the DVLA of the change of ownership - once you have done that then it doesn't matter if they mess things up, you are not to blame and you have no legal responsibility to check whether they have completed the change in their records.

Did the DVLA local office didn't give you any receipt or acknowledgement for either the V5 yellow section or letter when you handed them over? If so then you'll just need to show that but if not then you are still not guilty but it means you will have to work a bit harder to convince the magistrates that you are telling the truth about having informed the DVLA.

1. Get to the court early - both to get through security and to find where your court is in the building without being in a rush.

2. Dress smartly - magistrates will judge you on your appearance and a suit/tie goes a long way towards appearing respectable.

3. Magistrates courts are notorious for overrunning so your hearing will likely be late unless you are one of the first listed for the day.

4. Have a written record of all of the details for you to refer to - the date you sold the car, who it was sold to, the date you went to the DVLA office etc. Make copies of the letter you gave advising of the change of ownership, bill of sale showing the part ex from the dealer etc.

5. The court is quite intimidating but remember that they are used to hearing from lay people so don't let yourself get flustered and just speak clearly and concisely. You'll be guided through the formal parts like taking your oath and will be told when to sit and stand so just concentrate on what you have to say.

6. When instructed go through the dates and events from your notes and state that you did inform the DVLA at their local office, offer a copy of your letter to prove that and a copy of the plate transfer receipt to show you were actually there, ask the rhetorical question 'Why would I not have informed the DVLA when I was in their office and knew I would be fined if I didn't?', state that this satisfies all your legal responsibilities to inform DVLA. State that as the dealer received the new registration document then this shows that the DVLA had been informed of the change of keeper as you have stated.

7. Without any proof to the contrary the DVLA will struggle to convince anyone 'beyond all reasonable doubt' that they were not informed. They rely mostly on people not turning up to these hearings to get a judgement in their absence, you may even find that when the DVLA solicitor sees that you intend to contest the charge then they drop the proceedings.

Please don't panic about this - remember that you are innocent and you just have to explain that to the magistrates.

I don't have the receipt for the change of plate but I paid by card at the local office. I'm just worried as to the outcome do they don't believe what I'm saying. I totally forgot I'd been to the DVLA office until recently. Still really worried about it all but I'm sure I'll be ok just hope things go well and I don't end up owing even more money to this [problem]

I don't have the receipt for the change of plate but I paid by card at the local office. I'm just worried as to the outcome do they don't believe what I'm saying. I totally forgot I'd been to the DVLA office until recently. Still really worried about it all but I'm sure I'll be ok just hope things go well and I don't end up owing even more money to this [problem]

get the card statement

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Jammin91

A thought.......

You say that your dealer friend lost the V5 that was sent to him with your name on it but he has now found it.

Get that V5 because there is a section "Last change of keeper date"

and the doc. should prove you are telling the truth

F16

I have got the section from the original V5 with the yellow slip removed. The serial code from this V5 will tally up with their records as I won't be able to get the V5 for tomorrow although that would solidify any claim

Get your mate to scan it to you and print it off

What time are you in Court ?

The letter never said a time just a date. If I'm honest I'd rather just pay the £55 as I have work at 13:30 and this is going to make my day rushed to say the least as the courts 20 mile away from home

Trust me on this one.

Take the day off work.

Get that V5 what ever it takes.

Go to Court and win.

You will then get awarded "Your costs" Travel ,days pay, letters ,postage

It's worth the "Fight"

Trust me on this one.

Take the day off work.

Get that V5 what ever it takes.

Go to Court and win.

You will then get awarded "Your costs" Travel ,days pay, letters ,postage

It's worth the "Fight"

I'll try but as my friend no longer works at the same garage the deal was done at I'm not optimistic it'll be that simple to get the V5 by 9am :/ what do you think of my chances without it? What do I say?

If you took you lap top with you and the garage Emailed it to you. I think that would be allowed.

The Garage Owner should "Help you" You are his customer after all.

What do you say ?

You tell the truth, the way it happened,and you can't understand how it has come to this or be your fault.

But evidence to back this up would really help.

You might get approached by the DVLA rep. Don't worry about what he has to say he is there to frighten you. Don't Be.

well done

good work

gotta agreed here.

don't forget the dvla have lost on numerous occasions over their ';losing' of documents' sent too them

dx

and they

Thinking about it again !!!!

If you have got "Your section" of the V5 and the Garage Owner confirms that he purchased said vehicle on said date.

That is the end of it.

F16

You said. "I sold my car to a garage to get a cheaper car"

Do you have the receipt for this transaction ?

If so that is "Your evidence" along with your section of the old V5

If you took you lap top with you and the garage Emailed it to you. I think that would be allowed.

The Garage Owner should "Help you" You are his customer after all.

What do you say ?

You tell the truth, the way it happened,and you can't understand how it has come to this or be your fault.

But evidence to back this up would really help.

You might get approached by the DVLA rep. Don't worry about what he has to say he is there to frighten you. Don't Be.

I'm calling Natwest as soon as I get up as I know I'll be able to get the statement that reflects I paid them £80 at their local office which proves I was there which also begs the question to the judge 'why wouldn't I have informed them of change of ownership since both V5's have to be handed over for a plate change to occur'

I'm calling Natwest as soon as I get up as I know I'll be able to get the statement that reflects I paid them £80 at their local office which proves I was there which also begs the question to the judge 'why wouldn't I have informed them of change of ownership since both V5's have to be handed over for a plate change to occur'

I have my section of the V5 (everything below where the yellow strip for selling to a dealer would be