style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter yesterday from Medina Credit chasing monies to the tune of £328.90 for my old property address which I vacated back in July 2011. They did not state what it was for just saying that they are acting on behalf of Mount Green Housing Association regarding an outstanding debt.

I cannot understand what it is for as when I was living there nearly 3 years ago I was a single mother with 2 children and on full housing benefit, so I know it's nothing to do with rent arrears. I left my flat clean and tidy, even the tenancy agreement stated that the tenant is to remove all personal possessions and rubbish, which I did. The only thing I left behind was my carpets (which were in good condition). To be honest I physically could not pull up carpets 2 floors up and dispose of, however I do think it's a cheek that the Housing Association have not contacted me in nearly 3 years and passed this straight on to a debt collector.

I have emailed the housing association asking for proof of this debt, so I wait for the response but going on past experiences with them they are totally incompetent and make mistakes all the time.

I didn't know if there was a time frame to chase money when you vacate a property because 3 years is ridiculous. The housing association have not followed any protocols at all when chasing money, so just wondering where I stand really

any help much appreciated

Hi bubbles500

1. At the time did you follow the HA Termination procedure for ending your Tenancy?

2. Did the HA have your new forwarding address?

As you are unaware what this cost is for ask the HA for the Following:

1. Full rent statements for the period you were in the property. (check these are correct with HB payments)

2. If the cost is for damage/removal of items ask for a complete breakdown of these costs.

3. If it is for arrears ask for a copy of their arrears policy.

4. The HA Complaints Procedure.

5. Details of the Housing Ombudsman.

Please be patient I am sure other caggers will be along to give you advice.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks Stu007,

I followed the clause in the Tenancy agreement, which was not very detailed in regards to moving. I will ask (if it comes to it) for them to send me a copy of my old Tenancy agreement that I

signed in 2000 especially if they start splitting feathers. I have an independent witness who helped me tidy my old flat before I left. Personally I think the HA has always been in trouble financially

they are probably trying to re-coupe monies with not just myself but other past Tenants. I just think chasing me 3 years down the line is unacceptable.

You should ensure that all communication is in writing, unless you are in a position to record telephone calls.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

Some councils will charge for removing things that a previous tenant left behind. Carpets would be one of those things as they would have to remove them.

Another thought did come to me.

When you moved, did you move from one rented home to another rented home?

If yes, was it with the same council?

If no, was there a crossover in rent payments? By that I mean did you have to take the tenancy on the new place whilst your termination period was ongoing?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

I moved from one HA to another HA. I was on at the time full housing benefit and gave my notice to the HA and to the Council at the same time. The cross over with Housing Benefit was all

correct at the time, I did everything with accordance to the HA and the Council. My Tenancy agreement only stated to take all personal possessions and rubbish, that's all. There was no mention

in the Tenancy regarding removal of carpets. Lot's of old Tenants that lived where I used to had moved to over the years and they never lifted a carpet up or was chased for monies owed. I did everything

that was stated in my Tenancy.