• Tweets

• Can I just leave it as saved and not submit or do I need to delete everything?
    • don't file yet not needed till/by 4pm tomorrow   let andyorch check things over 1st    
    • well the claim is stayed so don't panic for now.   is this the ONLY payment made and how did capquest get this out of you? by phone?   explain what caused you to make the payment and how you did it please   dx                
    • Lovely stuff.    1.The claim is for the sum of £882.53 due by the Defendant under the CCA 1974 for a Shop Direct account with the account ref of ********************    2.The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default notice was served under s.87(1) of the CCA 1974 which has not been complied with.   3.The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 08/01/18, notice of which has been given to the defendant.   4.The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £70.60 - The claimant claims the sum of £953.13   #####Defence######   The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   1. Paragraph 1 is denied. Whilst it is admitted I have held various catalogue agreements in the past, I have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with Shop Direct and do not recognise the specific account number or recollect any outstanding debt and have therefore requested clarification by way of a CPR 31.14 and section 78 request pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974.   2. Paragraph 2 is denied I have not been served with a Default Notice pursuant to sec87(1) the Consumer Credit Act 1974.   3. Paragraph 3 is denied. I am unaware of a legal assignment or Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law and Property Act 1925 Section 136(1)   4. On receipt of this claim form I, the Defendant, sent a request by way of a section 78 pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the agreement, the Claimant has yet to comply and remains in default of the said request.   5. A further request made via CPR 31.14 to the claimant’s solicitor, requesting disclosure of documents on which the Claimant is basing their claim. The claimant has not complied.   6. It is therefore not accepted with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant and the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement and; b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for and; c) show the nature of the breach and evidence by way of a Default Notice pursuant to sec 87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim   7. As per Civil Procedure 16.5 it is expected that the claimants prove the allegation that the money is owed   8. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.   I will get this put into the defence section. Thank you again.
    • just remove the 2nd part where you mention some reply.
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2057 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We explain benefits and drawbacks of options ranging from special mortgages to outright gifts

First-time buyers are rushing to the property market for fear that prices might spiral out of control before they can get a foot on the ladder. Figures calculated for The Telegraph by Halifax, one of Britain’s biggest lenders, suggest that record numbers of buyers aged 20-45 are turning to their parents – or grandparents – for help.

But what is the best way for families to lend a hand to young people in their twenties or thirties? There are various options, from special mortgage products that put your savings to work to giving cash towards a deposit or acting as a guarantor. Each has its benefits and drawbacks. We run through the best solutions.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/mortgages/10775065/How-to-help-children-on-to-the-housing-ladder.html

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

The housing "ladder" is the biggest con that the banksters and the government have pulled against the sheeple.

It is a debt millstone not a ladder. The banksters give you "money" they don't have and charge you a lot in interest for it, far more than any interest on savings that people have. Governments are so scared inflation won't keep going up they come up with the idea that deflation is a monster and to be feared, when in fact it is inflation that eats away at anything you have.

The banksters give you these numbers in your account so you can "buy" a house. But you will not "own" that house for many many years. In the meantime, you will have to pay taxes on it, pay insurance on it, pay bills on it, keep it in good order and pay 20% with VAT of that upkeep to the government for the pleasure.

50 to 60 years ago it only took one person to pay off the mortgage but now two people working are needed and that means even more money to the government in taxes, tax on fuel, road tax, insurance etc.!

And at the end of your life if you manage to get there after quite a while, inflation will have pushed the price above the inheritance tax level that never keeps pace with the low and misreported level of inflation tax and the government will grab 40% of it thanking your prudence over the years and take it from your children.

Oh and if you are even luckier and live even longer, you have to pay for your care home fees and will have nothing to give to your children and the care home (and the care home will give some of this money to the government in taxes) will thank you for being so prudent over the years or they would have to go to the government to get them to pay for you instead