faulty key causineg problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife's car key fob fell apert and

now a messge on the dash come up saying "electronic anti-theft device fault" and the car wont start.

The dealership who sold us the car failed to supply the spare key and

now, before they will evn bother to find it amongst their stash of unlabbed keys

want us to get the car towed 80 miles so they can reset the engine management unit

and supply a new key.

Now, the reset and new key are covered under warranty but not the tow.

As the car cant start

how the hell are we supposed to get the car to the dealership?

More local franchise holder will obviously tow and fix but wnat paying,

why cant Peugeot be less parochial,

or is it a lack of understanding/communication?

shoud I get the car taken to local dealer

and bill the one we bought the car from?

I do a roaring trade on mending keyfobs.

there are often guys at you local market that will look at it.

often its just a case of piecing it back together.

the otherway is to look on the keyfob

there are numbers that tell things

and a new blank key can easily be cloned to the car with the correct box

that's why they need the car.

a mobile guy with the correct box could pop around

and clone a key for about £50.

why not ask the dealer if they'll accept to pay that.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

that would be a good option for me, it will cost £90 for a 2.5 mile lift and god knows how long at the garage whilst they get a new key and programme it. i tried the disconnection of the batteries on both car and key fob, no luck. I will have to wait until tuesday and see if I can get some sense from a technical bod at Peugeot UK to get the quickest resolution to this.

The official way is I provide the unique code for the car and then a third party will supply the key to Peugeot via a dealer and the dealer then marries the new key to the EMU. If all that is true then why dont they just keep a load of blanks and do the job entirely on site?

Programming a key to a car is actually so simple. Many companies would charge around £50 to do it, all you have to do is stick the key in the ignition, turn to the position just before starting the car and push the unlock key. (Press them both, it's different on some cars). My mother nearly paid up £50 for some cowboy to do this today, I done it within 5 seconds. Also on the spare key as well.

It's not programming the key as such, just a synchronization between the sender (key fob) and receiver (car)

Let us know if this doesn't work. Don't bother taking it back to them, they will waste your time and money. What is the car make and model?

Tried the common synch button pushing and taking fob apart but to no avail. the more modern ones are smarter than about 5 years ago so looks like a visit to Peugeot. Phoned an auto key replacement co but they wanted £270 and no guarantee that it would work. What is the point of that! Cheapest option is to buy new blank fro a place in N LOndon and then get it cut and progranned by local dealership. Key can be had for £15-20