PPC's a setup plan.......Opinions please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning everyone,

In the small town where I live with have a branch of a quite famous german supermarket (with Parking eye cameras) and two other supermarkets both with their own PPC's.

I have recently helped a couple of people defend Parking Eye, speculative Invoices with 100% success, However,

I would like to setup all three companies and detail the process of getting the charges dropped in the local media, My idea is this:

1. Overstay the Parking Eye park and get an Invoice, also double dip this park with witnesses present to record me times of arrival and departure, so that their First in, Last out ANPR flaw is exposed.

2 Overstay the other two car parks and show how to get these invoices dropped in the media also......

While I appreciate that parking cannot be a "free for all", I resent the fact that these quasi-legal rackets are scaring people with little money out of their cash!

Opinions please?

Cheers Matt

The problem you have is double dipping is easy to explain, ANPR as they call it is nothing of the sort, its CCTV with image capture. There are many reasons that the first exit can be missed by the camera. So it would cover their backside against an accusation of purposely using double dipping.

I am actually following a case with PE of double dipping two entrances on the car park person went twice in one day, they have supplied two photos 4 hours apart with the car going into the car park. They must believe the defendant reversed out. rather then their system is faulty.

how the capture system works and it s flaws are fairly well documented but PE and the like would have you believe that it is always correct. A couple of cases have gone to court and PE got a good spanking for it. They will not make any changes as long as it doesnt cost them serious money every time they screw up.

The main problem is they will drop their claim and offer some mealy mouthed explanation as to why such as "reviewed the evidence" or "as a gesture of goodwill" and you will get nowhere beyond that in the local paper.

Now, a convoy of say 20 vehicles each having a go at a brief visit and returning 3 hours later and then seeing if they all get tickets for the overstay would be a worthy attempt. they could not claim "goodwill gesture" to 20 identical claims of the same time, it would blow a big hole in their credibility. Then repeat the exercise after the article in the local paper just to show them up again. Do it again at another location with a different circulation area for the local news.

I reckon if you repeated this a dozen times they would eventually start a new database of vehicle reg no's that never get a demand as it would be costing them a fortune in DVLA searches and postage.

I would join in on that one if others would.