Alex v Barclays **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and are about to try and recover my charges from barclays. I was told today, 30 Oct, I have paid £325 in the past 3 months, after I had told them I had £6,700 being paid in my account at the end of Oct. Their offer !! They may consider a part refound if I took a morgage with them !!! now I am really p****d

Alex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome

First of all dont panic - you will soon have your money back in your hands where it belongs!!

Yes you can claim back your charges, even if you were late paying, even if you went over your limit and even if your DD Bounced!!!

Remember you can go back six years!!!!!

Remember the banks have acted unlawful you havent!!!

Before you start anything make sure you read the FAQs and as many threads as possible as there is a wealth of information on here!!

Before you start, make sure you start your own thread in the bank you are claiming against forum. AS you have already posted this one, I assume you already know how to do that!

First of all you need to get hold on your statements. You do this by sending them SAR letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

If you already have your statements then you can start by sending them the Prelim letter.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

If you get stuck have a look (by searching) to see if your question has already been asked by reading other people threads, if you are still not sure either post your question in your own thread or PM me and I will be happy to help you.

Also look for another newbie claiming against the same bank as you, that way you can do your claim together and support each other as the post drops through the door!!

Good Luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Thank you for your surport, I'm now looking forward to getting the first hurdle out of the way. As I see it you have to get it right from the start with all letters to the bank.

• Confused 1

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes good alex - Im supporting you all the way purely beacsue you have a fantastic name!!!!

Im claiming aginst the Woolwich which are barclays in a dress!!!!!

They have been a bit sticky with other on the past, but have a habbit of giving nice settlements to those who go to court to keep quiet.

So there seems to be a payback for all the trouble they cause eh?

Good luck again.

alyx

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Thanks Alyx, I'm sending off for my statements today (halloeen) I'll just update this post as things progress.

&

Hi Alex,

Good luck with your claim. My husband & I are in the process of taking Barclays to court for charges of £4000 including interest. They've offered us £1000 which we've refused and we were all geared up to proceed with a judgement today but at the last minute they've acknowledged the claim giving them another 14 days to enter a defence. We're quite prepared to go to court although it's a bit nerve racking to say the least. BTW does anyone know how long it takes from the start of the claim to the actual court date?

Thanks,

Keri

Hi and good luck to you, from the start it would seem to take about 80 days to get a date, I'm only going off what the people on the chat room are saying. One lucky guy has just had his charges back from the halifx after just 2 weeks, well done josa!!! I think some banks will drag it out in the hope you will get feed up, but you wont will you. there is plenty of help on the chat room.

&

O.K. I have now sent my D.P.A. request off to Barclays. 31/10/06. All hallows eve. The forum says they have 40 days to respond. I will up date my thread as things progress so everyone can see whats happening, and may be encouraged to try them selfs. I will also leave any usefull address's or names I come accross as I progress with the claim

Barclays DPA address is ;-

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

&

Hi again, for any one just starting, this is the correct letter to use to apply for you statements, send this letter with £10 your banks DPA office. you will find their addess in F.A.Qs

:- http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

With thanks to Bankfoder

&

ok it takes about 3 months if you have to go to court!!

it sounds nerve racking about court but dont worry you wont have to go the banks can stand up in front of a court and defend their charges no matter what they tell you in their letters.

On the up side of waiting for court is once you have filed you can start claiming interest payments. On my debt of £1550 it worked out an extra £600.

So if you are not in a rush, its a nice bonus of the hassle of wiating extra time!!!

Allyxia

Thank you for your support Allyxia,

I am just starting to write my ' non compliance' letter ready to send off to Barclays, plenty of time yet, but from what I read Barclays always try and stall.

So I will be ready !!!

Thank you again

&

Ok alex.

I will ask one of the mods or site helpers to move this to the barclays forum for you. And I will keep an eye on uit there!

Can a mod/SH do this please?

Thanks.

• Confused 1

Allyxia

Hi Keriat,

Have you had your statement yet? if not how long has it been now? Please be careful their not trying it on to stall you.

lexander

&

Hello again everyone,

I am hoping some one with more experience than me would be so kind as to have a look at the first response letter I have received from Barclays D.P.A. office.

Some advice how to proceed would be welcome,

Here are the stats.

D.P.A. request sent Oct. 31

Response letter written on 2nd Nov.

Letter received with my chg attached/returned 4th Nov (fast for barclays I thought)

By returning my chg, can they wriggle out of giving me any other info. other than my statements.

Would I be better to send a non-compliance type letter now, or wait to see what turns up in the post and then deal with it

I realize that this is Early days in the claim, but I want to be ready!!!

I really would appreciate some input

Lex (lexandergundogs)

Letter below

DATA PROTECTION ACT

We refer to your letter of 31 October, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information, relating to bank charges, under the terms of the Data Protection Act [ DPA”J.

Please be aware that the Bank is not under an obligation to present information according to any particular format Therefore, your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion. As the Bank is providing the copy statements on a complimentary basis your payment is returned herewith. We would advise however, that some statement information arising from the period prior to and possibly during 1999 to 2000 is manually stored in the form of microfiche and does not fall within the data subject access provisions of the DPA.

As regards your mention of”manual intervention”, the DPA does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the DPA. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute “personal data” under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

Any thoughts anyone???

Lex

&

Hi Alex,

That is one of the standard response letters.

Stick to your own timetable.

I will get this thread moved to the Barclays Bank Forum.

Good luck.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thank you Rooster,

I certainly will !!!

Alex

&

Hi alex

Looks like I have rooster snapping at my heels here as they are answering all my threads!!!

Anyway will be poppin back and for but things seems under control for the minute!!!

This is what you get for leaving the site for the weekend LOL!!!!

Allyxia

As always,

Thank you, Allyxia

&

No worries.

I have just started a new claim with the courts against the Wooly (which are barlcays, hiding under a hat!!!)

I will filling with the court tomorrow!!

Barclays do send back the chaques so dont worry. the also hang on til the last minute of the 40 days before sending out statements.

However, I left a message for this guy 2 days before the deadline was up and he actually rang me striaght back - he was also very nice, and promised to get straight onto the case for me, and lo and behold I had them all in the psot the following day and he rang me agin to check I had got them!!!!

Dont be afriad to call him

Mike Brophey - Head of Customer Realations 0207 116 4561

Good Luck

Allyxia

Once more, many thanks Allyxia. Still only on day 7 of 40 so I will leave it to into the last ten days and then give them a reminder

&

Yes, I know you are just very keen to have your hands on your own money, we've all been there!!!!

Allyxia

Ah ha its been stealthly moved by a moderator.

Alex this thread is now in the Barlclays forum!! So dont worry.

Allyxia

Thanks Allyxia,

I refound it

Lex

&