• Tweets

• Hey guys,   I was using a utility supplier for 18 months. Every month, paid my direct debit on time. One day, they reviewed my account and said they had miscalculated my energy consumption and I now owe them £900.    I switched energy suppliers straight away as a consequence.    I am now being contacted by UK Search Limited by phone, email and text message. So far, I haven't responded and don't intend to.   I've checked my credit file. The account with the original utility supplier is closed and settled according to Credit Karma.    So what should I do with UK Search Limited? As far as I see it:   Completely ignore them until they go away (my preferred option) Contact them in some way and dispute the debt   I would be very grateful for any advice on how to proceed. I currently have an excellent credit score.    Thank you,  
    • Afternoon guys.   Just received the following from the dealer I purchased from:   Dear Mr Fish.   Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your car.   Unfortunately my contract of sale on this vehicle is with CarMoney Ltd and any issues or complaints will have to come from them. You can contact CarMoney on 0333 4564550 you will need your finance reference number for security.   Kind regards David Wickes GCS Cars Ltd
    • Hi  Has anyone recently had any joy with claiming or at least getting a hold of these people I got a car with them back in 99 and was definitely mis-sold PPI  Tried to claim through a 3rd party but they have said that they no longer have them on their list - I had to state Direct Auto Finance and Provident Financial who were the underwriters i believe    Really need some help    Thanks 
    • Hi,sorry .The Gararge is called Jordan Motors House Ltd. Is there any thing else you would like to know?
    • Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd   Date of issue 16/08/19.     Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1. The claim comprises the following agreements the defendant entered into a. Talk Talk telecom Ltd with reference (Account Number) and current balance 485. b. Vanquis Bank with refrence (Card Number) current balance 596 The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to claimant. and the claimant claims. a) the total of the said sums being 1080. b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the interest rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue. but limited to one year, being 7 C) Costs     What is the total value of the claim? 1317   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card and landline/mobile   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  no   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? card on line / landline mobile by phone   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? yes   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? cant remember   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? yes   Why did you cease payments? on the vanquish card because my wife lost her job and at the same time so did my son so all household bills became my responsibility. the talk talk was canceled by me , due to at least two data breaches ant the mobile was canclled as it was a monthly contract I no longer needed but they carried on charging me for a further 4 months claiming I did not cancel it correctly   What was the date of your last payment? 2016   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? yes to both   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? no
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1911 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I foolishly bought a large car yesterday from Carcraft, so today I went back to do the 7 day exchange, however they have told me they have to wait for Black Horse finance to return the money (or something along those lines)

and that it could take 2 or 3 days.

Now, it's the bank holiday weekend and this puts it at potentially Tuesday or Wednesday next week, i.e. right at the end of my exchange window.

I'm wondering whether this "2 or 3 days" to get the finance resorted with Black Horse is normal or whether they are trying to screw me around so that I can't swap cars.

The car I have seen to exchange it for is cheaper, and I've told them I will pay the cash to get it instead of taking out another finance policy.

They have told me until Black Horse gets sorted, they can't take the car I bought yesterday back nor give me the new one.

Is this normal?

I messed them around a little bit which I've apologized for but I'm uneasy at whether they are trying to con me out of the exchange in some sort of revenge.

I have rung them several times and been assured it's all fine, etc. but obviously they would say that, any third-party advice or the Carcraft Customer Service people that can kind of advise on this would be much appreciated.

I also offered to pay a deposit on the new car (it's currently being used as a company car by someone in their showroom), which they said I didn't need to pay.

Edited by andrewdc
Added part about deposit

we have CC onboard here

linzi usually sorts things out

I've alerted her to this thread.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi Andrew,

We will do our best to help you, if you could give us your full name or the vehicle registration you purchased we can get your contact details.

Otherwise you can call us now on 0800 923 9495 (the team will be available until 6pm)

Thanks

The vehicle registration is XXXXX,

I have phoned your Customer Service department and

they rang the showroom and confirmed it was all going through

and even if it went beyond Wednesday the 7 day exchange can still go ahead.

The person I spoke to said they had put a note on my account,

but my previous experience with companies that "put notes on accounts"

is one where the putting notes anywhere doesn't exist.

Please could you confirm and let me know (in whatever detail possible)

what kind of notes have been written?

Thank you for your help.

I've just taken a call and I have to say the customer services department has so far been brilliant, thank you.

If by this time next week I'm driving the car I've asked to exchange it for, my opinion on the entire Carcraft operation will have changed positively.

It's just a wait and see sort of thing at the moment! I will post a final update once everything has happened.

thsnk you

and well done everyone

keep us informed.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

Very happy to hear it

The only problem I seem to have now (which Carcraft can't really help with), is the car insurance, I couldn't of picked a better weekend to have 7 days free insurance could I? :|

I don't suppose anyone can recommend the cheapest possible way of insuring it for a further 7 days, etc? Would the only way be to take out an actual full insurance policy? It's only for if this isn't resolved by Wednesday which is when the insurance is due to expire.

i wonder what linzi says?

have you asked what will happen?

spreadsheets 

Hi dx100uk, I will try to contact the Carcraft customer service centre tomorrow or Saturday (I suspect they won't be working Bank Holidays?) to see what they recommend, but in the meantime if anyone does have any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

It looks like customer services is closed until Tuesday. The car I asked to exchange for is still on the website too (they said it'd be removed after a day), I guess I'm incredibly anxious and wanting this to happen quickly considering there is a lot of money over many years on my part tied to this entire thing...

Update for the day:

I received a call from the showroom to say I could pick up the car today

however on my way I received a second call to say the water pump had been found to be leaking

when they were doing the 120 point checks again

(the employee had done over 500 miles since he had it as a company car)

and that I will have to wait for it to be fixed,

either tomorrow or early next week.

Final update now:

the car was repaired and I've taken delivery,

although it took me nearly 90 minutes to pay the cash value for it

(which I felt was because I was exchanging so they put me at the back of the queue maybe),

the salesman I've been dealing with the past few days was extremely nice but the manager I felt was trying to avoid me.

I did get the personal number of someone I think was above the showroom managers and he managed to get things moved really quickly for me.

Although I would shop at carcraft again based on the help I've received from carcrafts head office

and this guy that gave me his number, its very unlikely I'll ever buy a car from the Leeds showroom again.

Thank you to Linzi, Gavin (the guy) and the others that helped me.

Update nearly a month on: Carcraft never completed the return of advance so Black Horse just took near £400 out of my account, completely unexpected because the finance manager at Leeds told me to not worry and it'd be completed 3 days after I had left.

Not sure I'm going to trust these people again now, such a joke from people that claim to be professionals.

Hi AndrewHas this still not been done? I will investigate straight away if not.ThanksLinzi

Black Horse had said a full return of advance came through to them a few days ago, so it's questionable as to why it took Carcraft so long to get it done, and it looks like the Direct Debit was in motion by that point but if it had been returned to Black Horse within a week of the car being exchanged, this wouldn't of been a problem. I guess it's in Black Horses' hands now to close the account and issue a refund, just annoyed this has happened in the first place.

Also if you don't mind me asking, what should I do with the V5 document for the car I exchanged? I received it yesterday.

Hi AndrewI am very sorry that this delay happened and i we will look into this internally.Regarding your V5, if you could post it to head office we would be very grateful - the address is:Carcraft Customer ServicesCarcraft RochdaleNixon StreetCastletonRochdaleLancashireOL11 3JWMany thanksLinzi

Thank you, I'll send the V5 to you on Monday - as for Black Horse, I need to ring them in a day or two and then it'll take 10 days to get the refund... :(

Thank you very much Andrew. In relation to your latter point, I am very sorry that it has been dragged out longer than anticipated, but if you do need any further assistance, please do let me know.

Thanks

Linzi

I got the money back yesterday after going into my local bank branch and requesting an indemnity claim be raised against Black Horse, the V5 has been put in the post today and it should be with you, hopefully by the end of this week - I have not included a letter or anything with it, it's just the V5 in an envelope.

Thank you for your help Linzi.

Thanks very much Andrew, and you are more than welcome - glad it is finally resolved for you

so we are all happy now...

dx

spreadsheets