Carcraft 7 day exchange policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I foolishly bought a large car yesterday from Carcraft, so today I went back to do the 7 day exchange, however they have told me they have to wait for Black Horse finance to return the money (or something along those lines)

and that it could take 2 or 3 days.

Now, it's the bank holiday weekend and this puts it at potentially Tuesday or Wednesday next week, i.e. right at the end of my exchange window.

I'm wondering whether this "2 or 3 days" to get the finance resorted with Black Horse is normal or whether they are trying to screw me around so that I can't swap cars.

The car I have seen to exchange it for is cheaper, and I've told them I will pay the cash to get it instead of taking out another finance policy.

They have told me until Black Horse gets sorted, they can't take the car I bought yesterday back nor give me the new one.

Is this normal?

I messed them around a little bit which I've apologized for but I'm uneasy at whether they are trying to con me out of the exchange in some sort of revenge.

I have rung them several times and been assured it's all fine, etc. but obviously they would say that, any third-party advice or the Carcraft Customer Service people that can kind of advise on this would be much appreciated.

I also offered to pay a deposit on the new car (it's currently being used as a company car by someone in their showroom), which they said I didn't need to pay.

Edited by andrewdc
Added part about deposit

we have CC onboard here

linzi usually sorts things out

I've alerted her to this thread.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi Andrew,

We will do our best to help you, if you could give us your full name or the vehicle registration you purchased we can get your contact details.

Otherwise you can call us now on 0800 923 9495 (the team will be available until 6pm)

Thanks

The vehicle registration is XXXXX,

I have phoned your Customer Service department and

they rang the showroom and confirmed it was all going through

and even if it went beyond Wednesday the 7 day exchange can still go ahead.

The person I spoke to said they had put a note on my account,

but my previous experience with companies that "put notes on accounts"

is one where the putting notes anywhere doesn't exist.

Please could you confirm and let me know (in whatever detail possible)

what kind of notes have been written?

Thank you for your help.

I've just taken a call and I have to say the customer services department has so far been brilliant, thank you.

If by this time next week I'm driving the car I've asked to exchange it for, my opinion on the entire Carcraft operation will have changed positively.

It's just a wait and see sort of thing at the moment! I will post a final update once everything has happened.

thsnk you

and well done everyone

keep us informed.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The only problem I seem to have now (which Carcraft can't really help with), is the car insurance, I couldn't of picked a better weekend to have 7 days free insurance could I? :|

I don't suppose anyone can recommend the cheapest possible way of insuring it for a further 7 days, etc? Would the only way be to take out an actual full insurance policy? It's only for if this isn't resolved by Wednesday which is when the insurance is due to expire.

i wonder what linzi says?

have you asked what will happen?

and they

It looks like customer services is closed until Tuesday. The car I asked to exchange for is still on the website too (they said it'd be removed after a day), I guess I'm incredibly anxious and wanting this to happen quickly considering there is a lot of money over many years on my part tied to this entire thing...

Update for the day:

I received a call from the showroom to say I could pick up the car today

however on my way I received a second call to say the water pump had been found to be leaking

when they were doing the 120 point checks again

(the employee had done over 500 miles since he had it as a company car)

and that I will have to wait for it to be fixed,

either tomorrow or early next week.

Final update now:

the car was repaired and I've taken delivery,

although it took me nearly 90 minutes to pay the cash value for it

(which I felt was because I was exchanging so they put me at the back of the queue maybe),

the salesman I've been dealing with the past few days was extremely nice but the manager I felt was trying to avoid me.

I did get the personal number of someone I think was above the showroom managers and he managed to get things moved really quickly for me.

Although I would shop at carcraft again based on the help I've received from carcrafts head office

and this guy that gave me his number, its very unlikely I'll ever buy a car from the Leeds showroom again.

Thank you to Linzi, Gavin (the guy) and the others that helped me.

• 4 weeks later...

Update nearly a month on: Carcraft never completed the return of advance so Black Horse just took near £400 out of my account, completely unexpected because the finance manager at Leeds told me to not worry and it'd be completed 3 days after I had left.

Not sure I'm going to trust these people again now, such a joke from people that claim to be professionals.

Hi AndrewHas this still not been done? I will investigate straight away if not.ThanksLinzi

Black Horse had said a full return of advance came through to them a few days ago, so it's questionable as to why it took Carcraft so long to get it done, and it looks like the Direct Debit was in motion by that point but if it had been returned to Black Horse within a week of the car being exchanged, this wouldn't of been a problem. I guess it's in Black Horses' hands now to close the account and issue a refund, just annoyed this has happened in the first place.

Also if you don't mind me asking, what should I do with the V5 document for the car I exchanged? I received it yesterday.

Hi AndrewI am very sorry that this delay happened and i we will look into this internally.Regarding your V5, if you could post it to head office we would be very grateful - the address is:Carcraft Customer ServicesCarcraft RochdaleNixon StreetCastletonRochdaleLancashireOL11 3JWMany thanksLinzi

Thank you very much Andrew. In relation to your latter point, I am very sorry that it has been dragged out longer than anticipated, but if you do need any further assistance, please do let me know.

Thanks

Linzi

I got the money back yesterday after going into my local bank branch and requesting an indemnity claim be raised against Black Horse, the V5 has been put in the post today and it should be with you, hopefully by the end of this week - I have not included a letter or anything with it, it's just the V5 in an envelope.

Thank you for your help Linzi.

Thanks very much Andrew, and you are more than welcome - glad it is finally resolved for you

so we are all happy now...

dx

and they