stalin's dead

Missed A WFI (ESA)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1955 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not sure if anyone has experienced this but JCP have just called and left me a message saying I had a WFI this morning and I hadn't turned up for it. Well, I never received a letter for this WFI

I smell a rat though..

What's the sanctions for missing a WFI?

Cheers

SD

:stalin's dead:

If this is the first time you've 'failed to participate' in a work focused interview, worst case scenario is a fixed one week sanction of the personal allowance portion of your employment n support allowance, currently £72.40. Assuming you recomply with the requirement for a work focused interview within seven days of today.

Recompliance is taking part in a work focused interview, or agreeing a date for one, so contact your personal adviser as soon as possible to rearrange it. Every seven days of non compliance means an extra week of sanction at £72.40 per week.

At his/her discretion, your adviser may have referred you to a decision maker for 'failure to participate'. If so, you've a week from today (or a week from the date on a written notice if you get one) to show good reason for your failure. Best done in writing, via recorded delivery, to your benefit delivery centre. Jobcentreplus usually accept postal problems the first time. Should you be unlucky, you can ask for 'the decision to be looked at again', prior to an appeal. As a vulnerable ESA claimant you may be able to claim a hardship payment if a sanction isn't revised.

Best wishes, Margaret. :panda:

(Extra days are allowed if the week includes a bank holiday.)