• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HSBC CLaim **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im trying, with a little help form existing members, to get this working right and post a traceable thread and not confuse the issue. Never used a forum as such but have used consumer type sites before.

Any how, thanks to rooster for pointing the way and I shall carry on from here!!

Ok Glad you are sorted now!!

Any probs thou just contact me!!

Good luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Well. Nothing in the post form the HSBC! No surprises there. LBA tomorrow. In the interim, I received a letter about mthe state of my account in response to a CCCS notification in which they metioned the grave state of my arrears etc.. Funny thing was, the acount details printed on it referred to a savings account that is around £27 O/D. I sent a sarcastic reply (to Sheffield CS) and a cheque to zero the balance.It will be interesting to see if this department actually communicates with Canada Square!!!

Today is the LBA day! As previous post mentioned, I received a wrongly detailed letter. They obviously did not like my sarcastic reply (and cheque to clear small - balance). I went online to check my accounts etc and guess what? Suspension of internet services!! I could not log on to my account using the same details I have for 5 years!!!!!! Called tech support and he was unable to help or offer solution. He asked if I had a hyperlink via a search engine toolbar. No, I browse using Mozilla Firefox. He then went back and stuck me on hold..for over 5 minutes. I hung up..Got to get that LBA down the Post Office!!!!! :lol:

Hiya Paul!!!!

I think we need to ask the mods to move this to the HSBC forum (or merge it with your HSBC claim - if you have started a new one).

HSBC dont usually IME reply to the prelim letter at all, you should get something (usually an offer) around 13 days after you have sent your LBA!!!

If you have an active HSBC account they willa sk you to sign thatyour accept their offer and they will pay it straight into your account around 3 days after you have returned your agreement to them!!

Good Luck and keep me up to date!!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Hello!

Thanks for observing my postings. I have put a thread in HSBC now so it could be merged to avoid confusion and wasting space. Although I have not received any correspondence, imagine my surprise when walking down to the Branch today and not being allowed to PAY MONEY IN!!!

Cashier was confused. Frontline staff did not know what to do. I took my pay in slip and £8.00 back and went to buy a shredder! I can foresee a lot of rainforest coming my way!:!:

24-10-06 Prelim Letter

7-11-06 LBA

7-11-06 HSBC Clam UP and freeze me out with no contact(telephone or post)

A quick addition to the details. I have an overdraft at my bank and I am over this limit as well. They may be forearming themselves by demanding immediate repayment of all monies owed or else etc. (It would nearly equate to what I am claiming!!)

They very well could do can you send me the thread to your other balrclays post and I will answer on there.

Allyxia

Thanks BL (hows you BTW)

Anyway Paul, they may request all their money back as you continue with your claim. But they would most definately expect you to clear on settlement!!

May not be what you want to hear but look at it this way you will be without a big debt over your head!!!

Its what happened to me with my HSBC claim!

Allyxia

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Allyxia

I am aware that the money will be swallowed up but I want to go through the process even if it is to pay them back. I will still have around £300 owing to me. They have just sent the Debt Collection agency from Birmingham onto me. I will continue with my action as the court letter is due tomorrow(21st). I am intending to get full settlement before court and then pay them back what I owe. How did yours pan out?

I am then moving on to the abbey ! I went £18 overdrawn. My account is now £269 in the red!!! All charges!!

scumbags the lot of them eh!

Allyxia

yes you can use this in defence. A lot of people end up in that boat - myself included though Natwest were claiming off me for 3 years before I counter claimed!!!

Allyxia

its good to hear that others have been cornered and there is a conclusion.

I'm just printing off court papers as I am 5 mins walk form mine and want to deliver all in person. also exempt from fees due to being on JSA. HSBC reply deadline tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the time is for a court buddy I think. I had no response other than detailed below. The court were very helpful (an old school friend is the boss of the small claims section!) The solicitors set on to chase my debt have been put on ice and the HSBC finally think I'm serious. Thing is they'll receive their court date before they've even managed to get any offer or letter concerning my claim in the post to me!

Hi there.

I did not need to send SAR as I had internet access to all of my statements. however, if you have read the FAq's and also gone into FORUMS then HSBC, there is a standard list of all addresses and specific locations. The canada square HQ is a good one to start with and this is printed on the back of all envelopes from the bank.

its worth two days or so of reading the site in order to prep yourself. Im at the court stage and it pays to be forearmed

good luck and try to start your own thread in the HSBC forum

Received the HSBC standard reply today. Very poor quality mass photocopy(they are propbably inundated by now, photocopied signature etc.

Blah Blah Blah. No response to my court application. That is no shock. They only have 5 days to reply now..

Acknowledgement of Service received today from DG and Debbie D'Aubney with intention to defend. I have gathered from the forums that if I send a complete breakdown of charges direct to DG, it may speed things along a little.

I'm using this one as a test run as I have far more serious issues with Egg and Barclaycard-see other threads.

ANy help appreciated!!!

Keep it up

• 4 weeks later...

Still no word from DG solicitors. No real word from the bank either apart from 3 ye 3 identical automated replies from customer service, 'looking into the matter'. writing to DG tomorrow via reg post and will cc HSBC just to mention the fact that I have had no response and that i will require an up to date balance to present to the court due to the fact that I know the amount of my O/D ha gone up since the claim was initiated, its all charges too!

Oh dear! I may have messed up here. I was about to send a letter to DG confirming the payment by cheque, due to O/D, and I thought I would ring the court to see what was happening.

DG SHOULD have filed the defence by 29-12-07!!! I SHOULD have made request for judgement the next day!!! I however THOUGHT that the "28 days from the date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim, to file a defence" was taken from the date in the box on the form "Notice that AoS has been filed". This would mean delivering my Request for judgement tomorrow.

The court now tell me that they have received a defence anyway and an AQ will be sent, probably arriving tomorrow...

Have I shown myself to be incompetent in their eyes or do I just carry on at MY pace as it is MY claim.

99.9% of the time - they file the defense at the last possible moment - i doubt you missed any chance for judgment. just hold on a bit longer. i've read before that the courts give a little leeway on the filing - even if they are a bit late - for some reason. anyway, you are just where a lot are, so, soon you will receive a copy of their defense and an aq. just check to see when the aq is due back. meanwhile, i'd ring dg to ask if they have received your breakdown. that gives you a chance to make yourself known to them - letting them know that you will be filing your aq shortly (no need to really do it until the deadline is almost here) and were hoping it would be resolved before then. just see what they say.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the reply lateralus, it seems that you are right as I spoke to my court friend over an extra curricular refreshment last night and he said that they do give leeway, especially after christmas and new year. he said that even if i had filed for judgement by default, the judge would have waited for the DG defence and then accepted a delayed defence regardless. So I am just as well to wait for my AQ rather than get too agitated.

I do have another unique way of getting all my statements if HSBC do not play ball. The CSA have applied for a Liability Order against me. However I am contesting this as I have been paying voluntary maintenance for a number of years and the CSA say they need statements as evidence. If HSBC do not provide them before the hearing, and I have requested them by reg post, I will use this fact as my defence for adjournment and make a request to the judge that HSBC provide ALL of my statements before the rescheduled hearing.