pcn/parking ticket

Guest HUSBANDKHAN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

a few pointers on what can and cannot be done with pcns.

if the parking attendent has started to write the ticket out you can drive off. the ticket is not valid as long as it has not been handed to you or been stuck to the vehicle.

it is also illegal for parking attendants to stand in the front of your vehicle when you are driving off !!!

you have 15mins grace from the time stated on your pcn before you get clamped.

also you cannot get a pcn within 12 hours of the original ticket unless your vehicle has moved from the spot.

there are others but they will not let me write these down. i have been through parking tickets bailiffs/courts etc and know my way around like the back of my hand. anyway click the scale if you think what i have told you is worth it !!

However, parking attendants can (and do) just bin the driver's copy in the nearest receptacle, and then when the paperwork arrives through the post, it is your workd against theirs that the ticket was never applied to the vehicle.

Absolutely - so if you expect them to bin it, there's little point in making a getaway, unless you've video evidence (or an independent witness) to back you up - which usually means partners and spouses are ineligible....

Forgive me but shouldn't we all just be law abiding citizens and park within the remits of the law? That's the ONLY real way to avoid getting a parking ticket !

NatWest

Statements sent for - 18/09/06

Statements received (in full!) - 03/10/06

Initial letter of claim sent - 05/10/06

Offer received for £1,400 approx - 21/10/06

LBA sent with acceptance of offer as part, will pursue for the rest - 21/10/06

Reply to LBA received (forwarding to Cust. Rel to deal with) - 25/10/06

I've never got a parking ticket :)

NatWest

Nope Khan I have Jaguar XKR, V8 4.2 litre .......... i have a very rich husband ! lol

NatWest

Guest Battleaxe

The parking attendants now take a photo of your car with the ticket attached to the wind shield, to prove it was lawfully served.

Once they start writing the ticket, that's the end of it. You have to prove your innocence.

I am with Tigerlilly on this one, pay your parking fee, check where you park and you remain clean.

I have never had a parking ticket or a traffic infringement in 47 years of driving in five countries.

Khan, there's one going second hand if you're interested? here's the link Jaguar, XK Series Xk Xk V8, 4.2, 2 dr - Yahoo! Cars

NatWest

Tiger, ive been parked in a box with a paid parking ticket in my windscreen, showing the time and date, that corresponded with the time and date of the so called offence. I knew id done nothing wrong, even checked I was parked correctly because I was becoming paranoid about getting tickets as they arrived accusing me of illegally parking, when I had no recollection or ticket. Still the process whereby you dispute that fact is a farce, and in the end its youre word against the wardens. The reponse from the authorities is:

I have read youre account of the incident carefully. Unfortunately, it conflicts with the parking attendents account. The Council and its agents employ only trained and accredited attendents to act as expert witnesses.In the absence of clear evidence to the contrary, I must presume that the parking attendents account of the circumstances is accurate.

Therefore Tiggy, you need to carry a camera at all times and when it happens to you, you know youre being conned and the only assumption I could make was that the attendents were on commission or bonuses, dependent on how many people they could stitch up in a day.

On another occassion, I actually had a policeman who just so happened to be passing. Assure me I was not illegally parked or on a yellow line. He gave his number and station telephone number to act as witness. An owner in the shop I had just left, saw the same, and wrote a letter witnessing the event too. Do you think that stopped the council from continuing with their action? No

a few pointers on what can and cannot be done with pcns.......................................

it is also illegal for parking attendants to stand in the front of your vehicle when you are driving off !!!

Whether it's illegal or not I guess they'd be b****y stupid to stand in front of a car they were just ticketing!!!!!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

Its if you do not know what they are and arnt allowed to you would not move your car as it was against the law which it is not !!!

theyre not even allowed to stand on the road while writing a ticket out. the most they can do is stand on the kerb . I know this because i had a run in with tickets. hEnce know where to stand my ground.

I don't think we should be looking for ways of not paying parking tickets when we have parked in the wrong place how scally is that. don't brake the law and you won't get fined, simple as that who needs all the hassel. I admit there are the odd few TWs who will put a ticket on anything thats stood still long enough but most tickets are for parking offences.

Pen

:x if i have been off any help to you please click my scales

cases won

28th July Single Claim for bank charges against LTSB, £6,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement

18th July Joint Claime against LTSB £7,800 WON with CI to date of Judgement.

Fortunately, I think the overiding sentiment on here is quite moral, if you get caught, then take the punishment - however if there is skulduggery involved with a less than scrupulous TW, I see no reason why they should not be held accountable for their actions.

I don't think we should be looking for ways of not paying parking tickets when we have parked in the wrong place how scally is that. don't brake the law and you won't get fined, simple as that who needs all the hassel. I admit there are the odd few TWs who will put a ticket on anything thats stood still long enough but most tickets are for parking offences.

Pen

I agree that if you break the law, you should pay the fine.

However, the law cuts both ways. The authorities have to abide by the law in how they create, sign, mark amd enforce parking restrictions. If they cannot work to the letter of the law, then any resulting ticket is void and not payable.

I have had 4 tickets recently for parking outsidemy house, which i have done for the last five years and now suddenly we have these community support officers who think they run the village!! ( there are no markings near my house, its a clear road) They have even been stopping people and searching them which only a police officer can do apparently. Any way i have now discovered that the tickeys are invalid and i would like to claim the money back does anyone have any idea where i start. I am thinking of writing to the magistrates court and appealing but not sure what the correct way is. can anyone help

Guest HUSBANDKHAN

As you have paid you have admitted liability. You can only write in to the magistrates and see what they say.

How are the tickets 'invalid'? If you mean they've been issued without lawful authority - then wrtie to the issuer stating this and that they have 14 days to repay thew incorrect fines. Failure to do so will result in you issuing a Small Claims Action for the recovery of your funds.

The tickets have several errors.

on one the ticket was not signed and also the location is just main street, which happens to be over a mile long, i have learnt that the ticket must be precise as to where the alledged offence took place. on another the date is for next year, talk about getting your quota in!!.

I am thinking of going to the courts and asking them how i can get my money back, i dont think that just cos i paid i accept liability, if i can fight what i consider to be unjust i will. surely if the ticket issued was invalid then any subsequent action becomes unlawful.