Grievance regarding DELL INSPIRON 5521 Base Laptop

Sourav Kundu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Dell Customer care ,

On 27th May,2013 I bought a "DELL INSPIRON 5521 Base (Service Tag : xxxxxxxxxx , Express Service Code : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" at Peterborough,United Kingdom .

Unfortunately, your product has not performed well since the very beginning . I am disappointed because I had to replace my faulty hard disk within 4 month of purchasing the laptop . Now before completion of 1 year , the LCD screen has turned into white and I am not being able to see anything on the screen.

I have already communicated the same to the customer support centre of Dell care . Please note, my Laptop is still under warranty period . The damage caused by the electronic failure and not caused by any external pressure , still the Dell customer support centre still wants a fine of amount £130 for the repairing of the LCD screen .

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate if you kindly repair the LCD screen without any fine considering that the laptop is still under warranty period OR refund the entire money to my HSBC bank account as I do not want to face any other problem with the laptop. Enclosed are copies of my records : Order confirmation .

I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem and will wait until 17th April before seeking help from a consumer protection agency or the Better Business Bureau. Please contact me at the below address or by phone :

Mail id :

Ph no :

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi porkyp1g ,

The top most part of the laptop is white and also some black spots are also coming on the screen . And how can I invalidate the terms by replacing the hard disk ? It was within warranty period.

Hi rebel11 ,

I bought the product on 27 th May 2013 and now it is 24th April ,2014 . So it is still under the 1 year warranty coverage .

I replaced the Hard disk , as it was damaged . The media part of the hard disk became corrupted . So I have made a call to the DELL and they have replaced the Hard disk . I replaced it on around December , 2013

I am not able to see anything on my screen now. It is totally unusable now . Please suggest me what to do now .

Edited by Sourav Kundu
Adding few more points

I've highlighted two sentenced below, they have two different meanings, both can't be correct, so which one is correct?

Hi rebel11 ,

I bought the product on 27 th May 2013 and now it is 24th April ,2014 . So it is still under the 1 year warranty coverage .

I replaced the Hard disk , as it was damaged . The media part of the hard disk became corrupted . So I have made a call to the DELL and they have replaced the Hard disk . I replaced it on around December , 2013

I am not able to see anything on my screen now. It is totally unusable now . Please suggest me what to do now .

connect a ex monitor then have a look at your hardware drivers!

Oh no, not the driver devil. No matter what the problem, no matter where it's posted, someone always comes up and says you need to update your drivers.

I've got a crack in my screen, will that be due to the drivers :)

Oh no, not the driver devil. No matter what the problem, no matter where it's posted, someone always comes up and says you need to update your drivers.

I've got a crack in my screen, will that be due to the drivers :)

Agree that for physical damage it is unlikely the drivers. (Unless it got damaged in a car crash!, but then it is a different sort of driver)

However, sometimes it IS the drivers for a non-damage fault : so it isn't wrong to exclude them. Connecting up an external screen will also help identify where in the "video path " the problem is : if the problem is also present the same on an external screen think of the video card, if absent on the external screen the video card is OK, and the issue (driver or physical) lies with the laptop screen.

Hi sourav

You could transfer the Warranty, from the country where you purchased the laptop to your resident country. It will make it a lot easier for you to deal with this matter.

As long as replacing the hard disk hasn't caused your present problem you should still be covered, as long as their Terms and Conditions don't say other wise.

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/us/en/19/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem

Thanks rebel11 for your suggestion .

Actually , the laptop is with my wife and she is in UK now. So I can only transfer the warranty once she is back . However, me and my wife have discussed with the DELL technical support staff several time . Each time time they are reluctant to help us and demanding some more money . Last they have demanded £150 for the LCD screen . I am getting really irritated . The laptop is totally unusable now and she has to sit idle .

I think I will have to wait till the warranty period is over and have to pay the penalty price. At least we can use it . :(

might sound silly but black spots on lcd, white above them

sounds like me to possible internal damage to lcd, i know it isnt what you wanted to hear but having seen several hundred cracked screens a year it is what i would ussually describe it as

is it possible to get a picture of the laptop it would help us be able to say a little more definatly

if its pure white, it might be a loose cable - it happens

if its pure white but after a few seconds black spots come and go then i would suggest graphics on the mbd is dead

i really really really doubt drivers, if it was drivers you would still see the bios splash screen and loading screens with no issue

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: