Roxburghe / NGP 'Fine' Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, advice on a fine from the famous NGP / Roxburghe crew please.

I have had some dealings with these in the past,

NGP have tried to fine me 3/4 down the years which i have either ignored or complained about

- one of which was on a company private parking owned by my best friend!

He told me he had no idea who they were which i relayed back to them and it went away.

Another time i was parked somewhere for about 20 minutes and had a photo fine through,

i asked them to date stamp these and they again it went away.

And another occasion I knew i was playing away some 30 miles away in a football match!

The last correspondence for any of this was me writing them an email on 17/03/13

kicking off about all of the attempts above and asked for significant proof. I never had a reply.

However one of these has come back to me today via post.

Roxburghe have issued me a letter stating i owe a fine of £160 for an over exceeded stay.

They have not provided me with any other details than the PCN Number and date of offence - 07/09/13.

How do I move forward with this as i'm sick of these attempts to try and con me out of money?

Thanks guys!

are these PENALTY charge Notices

or PARKING charge notices

I suspect the latter?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thought as much, as previously id just ignore or challenge them. But other people not so savy have said to pay up they have a right to charge you etc. Even if they did the fee is not justifiable! so what do i do?

fine?

theres that word again....

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

you need to convert to PDF

dx

and they

and REMOVED THE POST BARCODE first!

dx

and they

If, might, could, maybe etc etc

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

erm...you've left your name on it...

unapproved

dx

and they

Just picked up on that, thanks!

Surely it won't go that far, they've not provided any proof i was at said location for said amount of time, or ever sent anything to me recorded delivery etc so is impossible to hold up in court any in my opinion.

Just a question

Lots of "Charges" there

Is this your vehical or as someone cloaned your plate?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Well apparently it's my vehicle as it's up the road. However if I can remember rightly all I was ever sent was a screenshot of my car being parked there.

No way of proving it was ever there for over the said amount of time and I highly doubt I would of been as it's a couple of banks and a filco. Plus no evidence I've received the previous letters from them.

you can ignore all debt collectors, whatever they may say they have no rights to do anything. As for NGP, well, if they want some money then they will have has to follow certain protocols and the burden of proof lies with them. Dont bother relpying to Roxburghe otherwise they think you are interested in paying up, whatever you say.

• 1 month later...

Jooshy,

You’ve probably spotted from elsewhere in these forums that Roxburghe’s payment demand is not a “fine” or anything like it; it’s just a request for payment, with no more legal status than a begging letter. However, current CAB advice is not to ignore it but instead write explaining that you will not pay the amount demanded as it is disproportionate, and, if appropriate, offer a “reasonable” amount as damages for breach of contract (i.e overstaying the paid period).

In law the amount claimed is meant to represent “liquidated and ascertained damages”, which should be a genuine pre-estimate of the likely costs incurred arising directly from a potential breach of contract. The pre-estimate should be sufficient to restore the car park owner to the same financial position as though the breach had not occurred. For overstaying, this would be the amount you should have paid for the excess period. If the amount claimed exceeds a reasonable pre-estimate of loss it is regarded as a penalty, which is unenforceable.

For instance, assuming the parking area had sufficiently legible & visible signage specifying the normal parking charge, and the charge was £2 per hour, then if you overstayed (say) 20 mins, then a reasonable offer would be £2.00 x 20/60 = 67p. If they disagree with your offer you can ask for full details - including bills & receipts - of all additional costs actually incurred by the land owner resulting directly from your car remaining beyond the paid time.

Gladstones’ (almost illegible) letter in post #11 seems to include a list of charges. These are all spurious. A “charge” or “fee” or “allowance” is not a cost. Such charges etc are usually unprovable and wildly disproportionate to any possible actual cost that could be incurred, so are regarded in common law as penalties and therefore unenforceable (Hadley v Baxendale, 1854 et seq); see also Judge Harris’s reasoning in “A Retailer v Ms B and Ms K”, Oxford County Court, 9 May 2012, relating to “apportioned charges” (that case dealt with a shop’s alleged “costs” demanded from shoplifters, but the principles are identical - the claimant must prove his loss).

They will probably ignore your offer, but you will have a good defence if the matter ever gets to court - which is most unlikely. Don’t get drawn into a correspondence war; if they do issue a county court claim just repeat the offer.

“Nil illegitimi carborundum”.

Good luck - tell us how you got on.

Oh dear, why do these things always happen to me - I don't beli...