Annualised hrs and 'overtime'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,Hope someone can help me with a little problem I/we are experiencing at work.

I work an annualised contract,my working week is from Sunday to Saturday,37.5 hrs a week.Currently we're working Monday to Friday on a 2 shift rota pattern and have been for the last 3yrs.Problem I'm having as are a few others is that we're being 'forced' to work a Sunday even though we have worked the 37.5 hrs already.I've been threatened with a 'absence' and then a disciplinary if I don't work the Sundays

My contract states:

It is a condition of your employment that you work flexibly in accordance with the annualised hours working scheme we operate.Your hours may be flexed to accommodate additional reasonable additional hours as may be necessary for the efficient performance of your duties.

There are no fixed daily or weekly normal working hours applicable to your employment.Your normal working hours are based upon you working on average 1695 paid hours per year when working a notional basic of 37.5 hours per week,Sunday to Saturday,(allowing for holidays)but you may require to more or less than 1695 hours per annum on average to a maximum requirement of 2241 hours.Your normal working week will not exceed 48 hours when averaged over a 17 week reference period.

The company will notify in advance of the hours you will be required to work during each week.In accordance with the flexible nature of your employment,the company reserves the right to alter the hours you will be required to work at short notice.You may be requested to work revised hours in accordance with current arrangements or business needs"

My only gripe is the "reasonable additional hours" I don't mind working overtime during the week or even a Saturday morning but working Sundays doesn't seem reasonable at all :evil:

Is there anything I can do or say or should I just be happy I have a job and put up with it?

are you getting a saturday off?

Sunday working is normal in the UK....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Do you work in retail?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

are you getting a saturday off?

Sunday working is normal in the UK....

That's not the point,I've done my 37.5 hrs during the week,the question is can I be forced to work the extra if I don't want to?

Do you work in retail?

No I don't Sidewinder

An annualised hours contract doesn't have a 37.5 hour max - that is really the point of it!

I would reread what it says; it looks clear to me that yes, they can make you work a sunday until you hit the maximums stated in the contract.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

An annualised hours contract doesn't have a 37.5 hour max - that is really the point of it!

I would reread what it says; it looks clear to me that yes, they can make you work a sunday until you hit the maximums stated in the contract.

Cheers Emmzzi,not what I wanted to hear but guess I'll just have to suck it up.