shutting accounts

cornishocean
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just a quick question.

I am claiming against hsbc but my sister who banks with abbey wanta to make a claim but is worried that her account will be closed. she is not on the net so can't ask for herself so could someone let me know if abbey are asking people to close their accounts.

many thanks

xxx Ali xxx

I think it's all too possible...

The general advice seems to be to set up another (parachute) account with another bank before going into battle. That way if they do decide to play that game you'll be able to carry on existing. For what it's worth, I set up mine with Alliance & Leicester - it was set up within a couple of days, with sufficent overdraft facility to cover my existing commitments should it be required.

I set up a parachute with smile and I gopt an overdraft and a credit card, but if your sis has no internet connection then it isnt for her, saying that after just having releived shAbbey of my money, they still havnt closed my account, perhaps they will after the next claim :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed