style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Episode 2 and it just gets better, did I really hear bailiff Debbie say "you've been stopped for non payment of a parking fine"?

And did the voice over really say "bailiff Debbie stops another motorist for ...."?

Loved the bit bit about the motability car Brassnecked, who do they think they are?

As this series progresses it's obvious that the police are acting on the instructions of the bailiffs and stopping vehicles 'unlawfully'.

Next week somebody gets arrested and cuffed, that should be fun.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 2 and it just gets better, did I really hear bailiff Debbie say "you've been stopped for non payment of a parking fine"?

And did the voice over really say "bailiff Debbie stops another motorist for ...."?

Loved the bit bit about the motability car Brassnecked, who do they think they are?

As this series progresses it's obvious that the police are acting on the instructions of the bailiffs and stopping vehicles 'unlawfully'.

Next week somebody gets arrested and cuffed, that should be fun.

It will as it does appear that the police are indeed stopping the cars at the behest of the bailiffs. Wonder if the guy arrested on next weeks tried to drive off?

Tomtubby said that eoisode 3 would be very interesting.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I am really going to have to stop watching rubbish like this,

between these arrogant :@#£$% with the bonny bibs on, The plod who stand by and idly break the law at their behest, the uneducated citizens who let them get away with it and the exploits of Rev Paul Nicolson, my wife must dread being in the same room as me, nearly waking up my kids last night shouting "No you aren't" and "No you can't" at the telly.

Going to go back to watching Gold on a Thursday night, much better for my blood pressure

Took me 2 hours to watch this last night. I had to keep rewinding because I could not believe what was being said. Then I couldn't hear what was said because I was shouting and swearing at the TV.

It is outrageous that the Police are involved in this.

That Bailiff couple, words fail me. She sticks her head in the car and says to the 40yr old male driver "are you Hermione" then her husband roots around in the boot "looking for something to seize"

Dispatch, “We have a 911, Armed Robbery in progress, see Surplus Store corner of Peebles Drive and West 24th Street”

Took me 2 hours to watch this last night. I had to keep rewinding because I could not believe what was being said. Then I couldn't hear what was said because I was shouting and swearing at the TV.

It is outrageous that the Police are involved in this.

That Bailiff couple, words fail me. She sticks her head in the car and says to the 40yr old male driver "are you Hermione" then her husband roots around in the boot "looking for something to seize"

The whole thing shows Distress, or Taking Control of Goods to be medieval, and costly, it doesn't help clear debt it actively increases it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Can someone answer these questions. How can stopping a car on a public highway lead to a car being automatically seized ? Can an enforcement officer just look at a car and it is seized ?

Surely the enforcement officer would have to identify that the driver or occupant of a car were the person who owed the fine and have to issue a seizure notice for the car, before the car would be deemed seized ?

I can see no reason why the driver of a car could not just refuse to talk to an enforcement officer and drive on. There is nothing the Police could do about this, as there would be no lawful grounds to pursue the driver.

Perhaps plod would say that in driving off they nearly hit the bailiff so due care/dangerous driving as excuse, either way I think plod would stitch the driver up for something.

Once again the programme was very interesting indeed and next week's episode looks to be even more serious with the arrest of a debtor at one of the ANPR Roadside 'ambushes' (for want of another word).

One the matter of the role of the police, it is very important to read the thread that I started at the weekend concerning the response from the Metropolitan Police regarding these 'Police and Bailiff ANPR Roadside Operations'. The bottom line form the FOI response is that the police have realised that they should only be 'assisting'the following:

'Civilian Enforcement Officers' (employees of the Magistrates Court) enforcing criminal warrants.

'Approved Enforcement Officers' (such as Marston Group, Collectica Ltd, Swift and Excel Enforcement) who enforce Magistrate Court Warrants for criminal offences.

and lastly;

High Court Enforcement Officers enforcing a 'writ of fi fa'.

The FOI confirmed that with regards to the enforcement of road traffic debts by private sector bailiffs they are NOT supposed to be offering 'their assistance'. Instead, the police have to rely upon the 'old chestnut' of Section 163 of the Road Traffic Act !!! (stop and search).

Just viewed the programme for a 2nd time and cannot believe the nonsense that Deborah Carle (Mrs Kenny) stated to the motorist that his car was pulled over as 'it has unpaid fines against it" !!!!! A car cannot have a fine against IT. The PCN is against the debtor and not the bloody car !!!!

The second worrying point was the case of the polish driver who was pulled over and who it was discovered had paid £700 the day before to ANOTHER bailiff firm...clearly another bailiff company also have the warrant info on THEIR ANPR system as well ......

On the matter of the appeals to the adjudicator it was good to see how reasonable Caroline Sheppherd was in dealing with the appeal at PTP. She is the most experienced person and it was good to see how informal the process is (although this is now quite the case at PATAS).

I was very interested to also see Ms Kiera Fleck at Sandwell Council. I am still confused a to why she calls herself Ms Fleck !!! I have met her a few times and her name is Ms Anji Patel (and last year she finished her term as President of the British Parking Association ).......

TT

The EA from Whyte & Co did not appear to be doing her job in line with the professional standards as I understand them.

She asked a third party to pay the outstanding amount, when the person owing the fine was not present. I did not think they could do this ?

On what basis were the EA's from Whyte & Co acting ?

How can they stick there head in a cars window and act as if a car had been seized, when the car owner was not present and no seizure notice had been issued ?

What would be interesting but no doubt any such incident will have been edited out, would be where a NEW Owner who has recently bought the vehicle that Mrs Kenney avows has warrants against it, is pulled over due to ANPR and she tries to make the innocent pay. Better that they won't so the car is removed on camera, Now that would be really good on TV to show how ludicrous the whole medieval system is. Good evidence for the innocent to claim compensation and costs back, especially if Police arrest them for obstruction.

Unclebulgaria.

I did not see a 'seizure' notice being given and frankly, the driver was quite within their rights to drive away.

On the matter of 'asking a friend' to make payment. The bailiff will merely state that the payment was made voluntarily (which is difficult to believe given that the payment is made under duress (in order to avoid the vehicle being removed).

Over the past 6 months or so I have received a number of enquiries from debtors who have had their cars pulled over at a popular 'ambush' location on Western Way leading to HMP Belmarsh Prison. If this location alone is not 'intimidation' I don't know what is.

Morning all ,

This program has got me so wound up that is has warranted another post . The reason why a motorist doesn 't drive off is probably intimidation . The bailiffs having a line of old bill behind them would make you think twice about driving off . As for the bailiffs,

knowing that you are to be filmed you would make sure that you did everything by the book . A follow up program should be made by the producers inviting Whyte and Co and the Met to explain their actions. Finally I cant believe that any police force would be duped into helping bailiffs in this way . Surely this shows that they are not au fait with bailiff law , if not sure run it by a solicitor . I said in an earlier post , a neighbour owes me a tenner can I go down to my local nick and get a copper to knock on her door and get it back ? No I would be told to frack off .

The second worrying point was the case of the polish driver who was pulled over and who it was discovered had paid £700 the day before to ANOTHER bailiff firm...clearly another bailiff company also have the warrant info on THEIR ANPR system as well

Point 3 in post #28

Much flows from this. I believe the waters are deeper and even murkier than what has been revealed to date.

Point 3 in post #28

Much flows from this. I believe the waters are deeper and even murkier than what has been revealed to date.

I was going to watch this weeks again on I player I am convinced she said the warrant is with the other bailiff firm I wonder if this mean she is enforcing for several bailiff firms during these road side enforcement's and if she doesn't have the warrant how can she enforce it

lamma and Hallow, it looks murkier with each episode.

What would have been very revealing is whether the copies of the 'warrants' which readily appear on smart phones from the respective bailiff offices would have contained the same information, times, dates and fonts had they been copied from what should have been the original and only source ie the local authority's prepared copy. If that was the case then they would have been identical.

If that happened I'll give the money mesself.

I have just watched the latest episode. The 'more plain' comments in this thread did not go far enough !! Many many comments possible on the 'enforcement' and the permits 'consultation'. There are also obvious societal observations and conclusions to be drawn, most of them depressing. Heart should be taken from the fact the public showed an innate sense of fairness and of what is actually just. And how the system depends on their (innocent ignorance to overcome it.

I seem to recall that there have been other occasions when 'Kiera' has been 'nomenclature variant'.

As to why and what conditions cause whichever alter ego to be used I have no idea.

More appalled than before. Will I be able to stomach the third episode I wonder.

More appalled than before. Will I be able to stomach the third episode I wonder.

it looks to be interesting as in how and why do plod end up arresting a driver of a car they pull in for the bailiffs?

it looks to be interesting as in how and why do plod end up arresting a driver of a car they pull in for the bailiffs?

will be interesting to see. maybe a peace breach?

am glad this is all on tv on record, seeing the plod and 'bailiffs' act beyond their powers?

Will it show the extent of the ANPR debacle? we are about to find out