Sainsburys smart parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a parent and child bay at my Sainsburys supermarket this morning. I was with my 19 month son. I checked the sign that was convienantly at the front of my car to check the parking rules. It didn't mention anywhere the length of time customers had to park in the carpark so I assumed it was the same as my local Tesco store which is 3 hours.

I went off and got some shopping and when I returned 2 hours 45 minutes later I had a ticket from smart parking stating I had over stayed, not how long by. I then scoured the carpark and found a sign stating the maximum time was 2 hours. (this is for a superstore that has a cafe, clothing, eletricals etc )

I then took a picture of the sign and noticed the following (see attached photo)

"Income generated from paid parking charge notices is used to fund the motoring operation and any profits returned to Sainsburys are donated to MENCAP or other nominated charity"

I have 14 days to pay a reduced charge of £30 after this time it goes up to £60. Please can anyone offer me advice as to whether I should appeal this charge? I would be most greatful for the help.

Thank you

Hi Bellarue, Welcome to CAG

At this stage do nothing.

Do not ring or write to them.

You will receive through the post a notice to keeper. (NTK)

This has to arrive between 29 and 56 days after the "offence".

Don't pay them you will win on appeal.

Hi and welcome to CAG

F16 has it spot on.

Once you receive the NTK, you then have the opportunity to appeal, firstly to smart parking who will reject you no matter what the reason and with the rejection there should be a POPLA code and instructions on how to appeal to them which, secondly, you should do. this will cost smart parking the grand sum of £27 and you, the cost of the stamps or the leccy to appeal online.

While the sum claimed is relatively low in comparison to others, it is still a penalty.

As for:

Income generated from paid parking chargelink3.gif notices is used to fund the motoring operation and any profits returned to Sainsburys are donated to MENCAP or other nominated charit

I wonder if this is designed to make a parker feel guilty and pay up. Icannot see how a company out to make a profit can do this. If any company paid ALL their profit to charity, they would soon go under.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Remember to get on at sainsburys about this

Not how customers should be treated

Ask them if they want you to shop elsewhere in future

They should be doing everything they can to keep your custom

Cause them as much grief as you can it is the only way to rid the vermin of private parking invoices

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Completely agree with all of the above - especially the point about complaining to Sainsburys. I would probably do this publicly - for example on their Facebook page - asking why there are no signs in XXX store to say that Sainsburys don't want you to be in their store for more than two hours however much money you want to spend there!

Companies don't like Facebook or Twitter criticism as it is instant and public, so are usually keen for it to be seen that they are dealing with your complaint...

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If you state GPEOL In your appeal, Smart Parking will cancel. At least they do in all the appeals I have done against them. We are talking dozens

When you think about it, every ticket issued by them is GPEOL because there would never be any "loss" suffered by the parking company. This is why the whole private parking "industry" is based on one big myth.

Dublindel/DBC are correct. SP will fold at the mere mention of "genuine pre-estimate of loss" and don't do court in any event. Should they ever give that a go then, should I get to hear of it, they'll have to explain the information supplied to their shareholders setting out how the new MD was carrying out reviews to maximise revenue, one of those being to ensure that their PCN's matched market rates. That most certainly doesn't amount to GPEOL and will scupper any case they run. However, the BPA take a far more generous view and see nothing wrong with SP's outlook even if it stuffs what the BPA demand - in the code of practice. But then they would. SP pay them money.