Chances of getting full entitlement license back

meg1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi wonder if someone could help me.

I called the DVLA with regards to my driving license. Spoke with a woman,who was helpful and gave me information on how I could resolve my issue.

On February 2005, I passed my practical driving test.

Upon passing my test, I sent away for my full entitlement license and never gave it a second thought. Not long after this my family and I moved away from the UK.

We rented out our home for the first few years and got any mail forwarded to us. I never received any correspondence from the DVLA stating that they hadn’t received my paperwork.

Having returned not long ago, I was pulled over by the police – routine check I presume. Insurance etc. checked out fine but when it came to my license, they said I was flagging up as a provisional holder. Obviously thinking it must be a misunderstanding, I explained my situation to police. They were very helpful and asked me to show with my photocopy of my pass certificate, which they were happy with, and told me to contact The DVLA.

I called them and they said they have no record of me passing my test.

I was told to fill in a D1 form and send another passport photo, but i didn't need it signed. Also sent them photocopies that I had taken of my theory pass certificate, practical pass certificate and also a copy of my driving test report. I sent all the above information in a cover letter also.

I am on my nerves. Couldn't cope with a re-sit.

What do you reckon my chances are?

Can someone please give their opinion :(

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I expect the forum regulars will be along later or tomorrow, but this Friday evening and you've only been here for a few minutes. We're all volunteers here so people will be along when they can, please bear with us.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If you have the pass certificate, then you have nothing to worry about. Sadly, this thing is a very regular occurance with DVLA, and has even been featured on watchdog/panorama. It has the hallmarks of a money making scheme, but theres no proof to that effect.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I hope. Just seen that so many people have said they have received replies from the DVLA saying that it doesn't matter that they have passed their test, they is no proof that they applied for their full license, if that makes sense?

It should be up to them to prove you didn't. You could always SAR the DVLA, but chances are whatever reply you get would be heavily redacted.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It should be up to them to prove you didn't. You could always SAR the DVLA, but chances are whatever reply you get would be heavily redacted.

Anybody else have any insight?!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dvla+losing+entitlements

As you can see, it is a very widespread thing and has been happening for years.

When I passed my test, all the sending off for the full license was handled by the test center. Why do some people have to do this themselves?

It is the pupils choice. when you pass your test, the examiner "offers" to send off for your full licence but you can refuse the offer if you want. Most people accept of course, but sometimes they can't do it or you have another reason not to let them. eg they can't do it if a woman has recently married but takes the test under her maiden name. She will need to send her marraige certificate with the pass to get the new licence in her married name at the same time.

Are you sure you asked the examiner to send off the paperwork at the end of your test? If you did, try contacting the test centre direct and find out if they keep records of which pupils they processed the paperwork for. If they did, then that will help your case, if they don't then I am afraid Nimrod is correct and the DVLA will simply claim that pass or not, you didn't send your certificate off within the 2 years.