style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got caught driving without isurance and received a letter a few weeks ltr advising I have to pay a fine of £300 in full and have a 6 point endorsement.

I have 2 weeks to pay the fine in full,

if I dont pay within the 2 weeks the letter claims I will be summoned to court which will result in a higher fine amount.

Although the letter claims I have to pay the fine in 1 single payment as there is no installment option is there anyway round this?

Im unemployed and have no chance of meeting the 2 week deadline,

has anyone had any sucess pleading their poverty case with the court which resulted in monthly installs being granted?

Any help please

once it goes to court

you will fill in income details etc

and you will be allowed or given a monthly payment order

down to the judge.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

has this already been to court and you ignored it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

No, if I pay the amount in full it will not go to court. The letter states payment in full only.

I was wondering if anyone had any sucess in pleading with them in the hope that this can be paid in installments as i dont want to go to court

thanks

You won't be able to pay the fixed penalty by installments. It's a time limited offer. At best you could ask for a bit of extra time to pay it, but generally you would not get it.

Going to court would probably work out cheaper though as the fine would depend on your income and would not necessarily be larger. If ou plead guilty and your only income is state benefits the guideline is for a fine of around £110, plus another £100 or so in costs and victim surcharge - so around £200 in tital. You would also usually be allowed to pay by installments.

Have you got insurance now ?

If not and you still can't afford it, you will need to sorn your car and cash in any remaining full months road tax and take your car off the road.