EE - Delivery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been a customer for Orange/EE for quite a while now,

and I received my new handset a few months ago but did not have to be present.

The iPad Air was on offer, no upfront costs and a discount so I went ahead with the order.

When the order was due for delivery, I had time off work but it failed to be delivered.

It was not delivered because the address was not properly labelled with my door number.

So it was re-arranged for the following day.

However, I happen to be working but arranged for a family member to be there within the delivery time frame

that was text to me just for them to call me up informing that the driver required my presence with photo id

- never had this happen before.

Why was this an issue?

Well, I work 7 days a week, very little time, and do not have the luxury of time offs etc etc as a lot of people in ordinary jobs do

- whether you agree or not, when I do have time, I like to spend it enjoying life not sitting around waiting on something that could not turn up.

I work at a Nuclear facility, which I did ask UKMail if they could deliver but unfortunately not - even if they could,

It would take me roughly 15-20 minutes before I could come to the checkpoint to sign for the delivery - again,

UKMail said the driver wouldn't wait.

I informed EE, and I said to them about the dilemma but unfortunately nothing could be done. Order cancelled. Waiting for refund.

So I was wondering,

because there must be other people with a similar situation like mine.

What about military personnel, or even those with family accounts under their name

but serving in Afghanistan or wherever - said this to the adviser.

Obviously, I'll not be enjoying the iPad Air for now,

which is unfortunate and again,

unfortunate for EE because I'll now be leaving and not paying a single penny for cancellation (don't care) etc etc

because I will not be having this hassle around the time for the iPhone 6 release. Which network shall I go to? :)

Rant over

Edited by UnhappyEEUser

Cant you get it sent to a EE store, and pick it up at your convienience?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes, about 2 hours of my time and on a day that i'll have to take off. The idea of having to go to the City when I have everything else delivered is quite annoying. In truth, it's not convenient... just don't like the nuisance, and I was personally upset about the delivery label mishap. Then upset further to find out I had to be there when I was not informed about it at the time. In my role, I'll be home by around 8 pm, sometimes a little earlier... and that is usually everyday. Simple truth is, this sort of delivery method doesn't suit everyone. I've informed work colleagues that also use the network, some of them will be cancelling/moving. O2 thankfully confirmed that this is not something there considering or doing at the moment, so that is an alternative.

This is the trade off between offering flexible delivery to suit customers, and having a tight security process for very high risk fraud items (i.e. iPads). Too far one way and you'll have a lot of fraud with genuine customers having iPads unknowingly taken out in their name (with the complaints of 'why didn't you have tighter security?') and too far the other way you'll present major problems for customers who cannot be present with ID when accepting delivery (such as your complaint). Personally, i'd be happier that the company i chose to go with had a tighter security against fraud, but down to personal choice.

I agree... because I've experienced someone managing to obtain a contract with T-Mobile at a Carphone Warehouse store under my name (I don't know how, can only assume that no ID was asked for). That is why I know this security/protection is solely for the company and not the customer - this did not help me to have the information removed from my file, only by going to my local MP, someone from their managing directors office (within a week) dealt with the issue and was finally resolved after 12 months. As you say, it personally does not suit me and I do not see how it would suit those with family accounts and similar job types.

He already explained thats not possible porky.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No. I'm cancelling because I do not want this hassle when I choose to upgrade to the new iPhone. So, another network that does not do this is sensible to me. When I went from Orange to EE, my partner signed for the parcel - convenient for me as I was in China. You may have time to travel 2 hour journeys into town, go to stores, or whatever... or have the luxury of weekends etc. I don't. When I do, I don't waste that time on traveling and time schedules like I did waiting on a delivery that did not turn up - luckily, I called after the time window lapsed to find out what was going on... that normally could have been waiting and waiting until 7 pm or whatever courier's normally ask you to wait. But yes, some friends hadn't realised the change, like me, and now they are switching networks and some contemplating whether to or not.

I'm sure other EE/Orange/T-Mobile users are unaware of this, as I was. When I looked at the ee website, it only said this was required if the order was sent to an address other than the account address - clearly this has changed.

Happier now that It's off my chest, ah ah.

I must admit it's the first I've heard of it but I can see it becoming more and more common due to courier fraud/mishaps.

I'd prefer the more secure approach as well, as I have been victim of the opposite. Phone company claiming I had signed for something and it never got delivered at all, when the driver was quizzed on the basics of the delivery (colour of door, local landmarks etc) he couldn't answer correctly. Basically he had taken the phone and I was left without one.

I must admit it's the first I've heard of it but I can see it becoming more and more common due to courier fraud/mishaps.

I'd prefer the more secure approach as well, as I have been victim of the opposite. Phone company claiming I had signed for something and it never got delivered at all, when the driver was quizzed on the basics of the delivery (colour of door, local landmarks etc) he couldn't answer correctly. Basically he had taken the phone and I was left without one.

I agree. But, I don't see how it protects you, only them. I had a similar issue with someone walking in to the Store next to Glasgow Central picking up a phone under my name. The store is closed now. Did this help, no. Only the local MP's office helped as the teams behind the scene were utterly useless. So, I don't see how the courier asking for Photo ID and the individual that its addressed too present would protect the customer if the security of obtaining from a store wasn't worth a thing for me. Quick search on Google shows others receiving POID from UKMail without actually producing any, so the courier could say that he did deliver to the individual named, or do they scan the Photo ID for a copy? - no idea.