Fly.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a ticket on Fly.co.uk two months ago but the payment failed. I thought they had problem making the transaction, so I booked with another website. A few days later they emailed me that they noticed I had booked a same ticket with another agency. And if I did not reply that email, the flight would be canceled and I would be imposed charges. I was afraid they would charge me for not replying, so I replied to cancel the ticket. Then, they have kept emailing me to request a cancellation fee of £ 100. And now, they even request £ 112.5 (a reminder fee of £ 12.5). In this email, they sat if I do not transfer the money by April 16, 2014, they will sue me and I will pay more (including the attorney fee and court fee).

Does anyone have a similar experience? Could you please tell me what I can do? I really do not want to be sued, but I don't want to pay this unreasonable money, either.

Hi raphaele

Welcome to CAG

It sounds like they've pulled a fast one. No money was paid. So there was no contract, so there was nothing to cancel. I don't think it would stand up in court. I don't think you have anything to fear, but lets see what the guys here say.

For them it was all about getting you to send them a 'Cancellation' email to match up with their T & C's.

From Slick, Site Team:-

'I wonder how the first booking Co knew OP re-booked with a new Co. confused.gif

If the original booking failed, I see no reason for the Co to seek a cancellation fee. It would not fall into Category 5 of their T&C's as the transaction never reached the stage mentioned -

(ie the period between you completing your booking request and the service provider issuing the ticket or confirmation)'

The booking request was NOT completed.