• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Motor Mile Finance ignore emails & letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They have been harassing my me aswel ,

and as they put in one of the emails they sent me they have been kind enough to pay off my debt to wage day advance ....

.. sadly , they wont directly answer to my emails or letters ,

they keep sending pre-recorded voice messages and emails .

So ive decided to write to Neil Petty at 26 preseverance street , pudsey , west yorkshire , LS28 7PZ .

own thread created

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did head your letter "Formal Complaint". If not, I would send the same letter but add the heading. They are obliged to respond within 8 weeks with either a resolution or a final response letter so you can then escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Address any complaints to Rob sands, MMF compliance officer. Anywhere else and it will go unanswered.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Soory for the late reply ,

Ive noticed that the rob sands name keeps appearing , is this a real person and does he know who Mike is ...

Has anyone met Mike ?

Its quite a serious matter so i shouldnt be joking but the way this lot act are unbelievable , ive never witnessed such bullying in all my life . Now , im not the person who gets upset or intimidated by this , but my mother , who is getting the volume of calls is a bit upset .

They just will not listen , so thats why i posted the letter to the managing directors home address , to see if he likes it .

Any way , thanks for the replys , i am new here and been reading through your posts , you guys do some great work .........:whoo:

ROb sands is indeed real, and he is the compliance director. basically his job is to ensure the company follows the law. And as you can see, he really needs to be sacked.

Mike, is a fictional person that MMF use to threaten and bully people into paying.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They know what theyre doing , they know that people will instinctively search theyre name and you can see that the web site is directed at people worrying when they recieve one of mikes answerphone messages . How on earth are they still operating , they must have caused some considerable worry to some people . Really is a bad out fit .

Self same position as you (or should I say a friend of mine is)

If they send Email, she replies to it a minimum of fifty times although she ignores the content

Still waiting for a reply from Rob Sands :)

Actually hoping for one of these notorious Doorstep visits so the police can be called, person visiting car reg/name etc taken and will add weight to the complaint to the FOS.

Just hate every DCA out there

Ive noticed that the rob sands name keeps appearing , is this a real person and does he know who Mike is ...

Has anyone met Mike ?

'Mike' would appear to have at least 2 jobs with MMF. As well being spending months leaving messages saying that he's a doorstep collector and is coming round 'in a few days' the same voice as 'Mike' also leaves messages from the 'MMF Home Visit Department' explaining that if you don't ring to sort it out then they will be forced to pass it on to a collector. So 'Mike' would seem to be a doorstep collector moonlighting as an office worker, passing accounts to himself to collect!

Incidentally, to those who advise MMF never give up, they um...seem to have given up in my case. I have an SB debt which MMF bought last August (when it was already SB...bid of a dead duck for them there). Never received a single letter from them but this was more than made up for with phone calls, text messages and emails which all curiously got sent in the middle of the night which went on for 7 months. I ignored them totally due to the lack of anything in writing and that the debt was SB.

Last thing I got from them was an outrageous text message which basically said that they were preparing my account for legal action without further warning and if the case goes to court and I'm not there then they will rely on the text message as evidence that I knew about it!

That was over a month ago, not heard a peep out of them since from any means of communication.

It does seem that this company has many " departments" and few staff, perhaps "Mike" is Barry Ellershaw in another hat!

The use of threats of court action as a means of debt collection when there is little likelihood of this being possible or being successful should be reported to the FCA,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ive been getting a new email from Sharon , i think its one of Mikes girlfriends as Sharon also knows how to send threats , Sharon also struggles with reading the content of the email you send , but sharon does read it , so now i have someone who i can challenge by name surely i can hold her responsible personally and direct any/all complaints at her personally as its easier than directing it a company , correct ? im sure i read this somewere that they should act responsible but when they hide behind a company its harder to prove , but if you get the name of someone then they become fully responsible for all actions .

Ive been getting a new email from Sharon , i think its one of Mikes girlfriends as Sharon also knows how to send threats , Sharon also struggles with reading the content of the email you send , but sharon does read it , so now i have someone who i can challenge by name surely i can hold her responsible personally and direct any/all complaints at her personally as its easier than directing it a company , correct ? im sure i read this somewere that they should act responsible but when they hide behind a company its harder to prove , but if you get the name of someone then they become fully responsible for all actions .

Not really. If 'Sharon' breaks the law then in theory you could bring a private prosecution against her but in practice the company is liable for the actions of their employees whilst performing duties for the company. Personal liability is usually restricted to company directors, or a restricted set of offences which the law has deemed serious enough to warrant holding individuals to account (such as alcohol sales to minors). Also since MMF have form for inventing staff (such as 'Mike'), I very much doubt that 'Sharon' is anything more than whoever sends her emails that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Evidently I spoke too soon with my SB debt. After months of sending 'Mike' round 'in the next few days' (who never turned up) and 2 months since 'preparing my account for legal action' they have now stopped messing around and have transferred my account to the 'Legal Department' ('Protection House' must be one hell of a complex, to accommodate this gigantic department structure they have!).

Oh, and they've made yet another reduced settlement offer to boot, but warn that I have only 5 days to take them up on said generous offer to prevent 'further legal action' (further action? There hasn't been any action yet!)

I found this out today from an email. Laughingly, they advised I should reply with my name, current address and date of birth in order to comply with the Data Protection Act - which they've just breached by listing details of a creditor and an amount owed without first verifying that I'm the correct person!

Legal dept.is one solicitor N. Chateris who actually does exist.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

MMF do indeed need to have their licence revoked. As far as i know text messages have no legal standing just as email default notices don't although i do not think that has been tested in court.

As has been said they do not reply and blame a backlog of correspondence. I have had written replies to written complaints but i think they are cut n paste jobs as they do not resolve the issues

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The more reports they get, the more chance of them having their licence revoked.

It does seem that this company has many " departments" and few staff, perhaps "Mike" is Barry Ellershaw in another hat!

The use of threats of court action as a means of debt collection when there is little likelihood of this being possible or being successful should be reported to the FCA,

This might sound like a strange one, but The 2 do have the same tone in their voices from when ive spoken to Barry and Listened to the Mike VM.

Also their legal department do exist and he is a registeted solicitor, but i wonder just how far MMF will take this.

Still think we need to continue complaining about the monkeys that be.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes if people stop complaining at this stag of the emergence of the FCA as regulator impact may well be lost!

I think you could well be right here about "Barry and Mike.. also there is a common tone to letters from Sands and Ellershaw imo.

Chatrath their "solicitor" does not seem to write very often and the idea that others making threats that your case has been "passed" to our legal department I think do not have the effect MMF may be hoping for, given the general crass

responses from the company.

Keep Complaining!!!!