Red light fixed penalty notice issued from police officer Advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone just joined the site and looking for some legal advice on my fixed penalty notice that I received on Monday morning on the way to work,

anyway at 7.45am I was sat at a set of traffic lights on a duel carriage way in a line of traffic and a police 4x4 vehicle with blue flashing lights came very fast to the side of me and told me to pull over, I agreed and was told that I'm being charged with going through a red light that was over a mile away down the road.

I asked where he was when I was supposedly going through this red light he said I'm not telling you where I was but we seen you go through the red light. The set of lights that I went through I remember they were just starting to change and if I had of stopped I'd have caused a accident.

The police vehicle had another police officer and a pcso in the vehicle and issued me with a fixed penalty notice of 3 points and a £100 fine. I want to contest this in court as there is no cameras on this road and why did it take him so long to catch me up ?

The police vehicle also had no camera equipment but also looking at my ticket he has put the wrong name of the duel carriage way it was no where near the set of lights that he has put down on the ticket so something is wrong.

I have a clean licence and drive for a living so where would I stand against 2 police officers and a pcso in court ? Or is it just not worth the time and money ?

Sorry for the long post but any advice would be grateful

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.

Green and mean - if he was giving chase and had flashing lights on, he wouldn't have stopped at lights. When was the last time you saw an emergency vehicle with lights on stopped at lights?

Surely the police vehicle would be fitted with a camera, I thought they all had to be? If you are sure you didn't go through on red, I would challenge it. Regardless of their witness statements, the lack of video evidence and incorrect details on the ticket would cast enough doubt I would have thought.

Green and mean - if he was giving chase and had flashing lights on, he wouldn't have stopped at lights. When was the last time you saw an emergency vehicle with lights on stopped at lights?

Yesterday!

Any response action should be proportional to the offence, what would be the point of jumping lights putting lives at risk to stop a car that has done the same?

Going through on red is not the offence its failing to stop at a traffic signal which also includes amber.

Continue to deny it.

I had similar to this where I was waiting to turn right at a junction with traffic lights and a cop accused me of jumping a red.

I told him I was already passed the lights and waiting to turn when the lights changed so had only proceeded when on green.

He was a nasty little git who still wrote me a ticket and I continued to deny and the court threw it out on the day.