style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I have had teh bad news today at work - 'you are dismissed as you are not a fair fit for this job''

i started this job last month, 5 weeks in job and today i had a performance review where i was told that i m not capable of doing the job and i should gather my belongings and go home, they are obliged to give me a weeks notice but they dont want me to work it and i can go hand all teh company belongings and leave !!

just like that my job ended today

now i m stressed needless to say - 5 years of employment history ruined coz i have got the ''dismissed mark on my credentials

where do i stand now in terms of looking for new work :( :(

Don't be too worried - these things happen. Sometimes things just don't work out, it happens.

There is no 'dismissed mark'. Other employers would only know you were dismissed if they were told. Many employers will give a neutral reference and would not mention the dismissal. If it was only 5 weeks you could even leave it off your CV.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for your reply

Yes it was only 5 weeks but then i will have to prove what i was doing in those 5 weeks

i m filling in an application form that says - have u ever been dismissed or requetsd to resign from any employment - if i fill teh answer as yes, hoow would that be taken by new employer, will it jeopradize my chances of new job.

this job i was in i was trying hard to grasp with, i requested extra training and i was refused that they dont have resources yet :( :(

Hello there.

SP is an employment expert, but I just wanted to point out that you could also look at temp work. People here before have said that the breathing space meant that they had fewer problems when it came to looking for another full time job.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I am afraid there is no right of appeal at that stage. You can be creative in reasons for a gap or why you left. You could argue that you were not dismissed just that they didn't continue your employment or there was no role for you at the end of your training.

Failing probation is not the end of the world, in fact I would look on it as a failure on the employers part to adequately recruit

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

thanks for yor replies

I have spoken to a previous colleague she adviced i should leave the job off my cv and tell the gap as personal reason for leaving previous employer

which is true in a way when i joined thsi job i had some issues going at home and i had to travel 3 hrs a day to get to my old job which i liked and did very well there, even after getting a pay rise i chose to joing this new job (from where i m dismissed) because it was closer to home and gave me enough time to focus on personal issues,(which i sorted out within two weeks of changing jobs) but i wasnt aware this new job would become anew perosnl issue in my life

my only concern is if i will leave it off my cv is there nay way my new employer would find this out??

Hello All

I need some advice, some of you would have read my earlier post but i feel i didnt really gave much info

I was dismissed in probation - I know I have No rights what so ever for any tribunal claim

I m not wanting to do one either - also i m not after any money or compensation

sounds strange BUT I actually want to negotiate teh terms of reference

my situation

I applied for this job via an agency in Nov last year - they got back to me in december confirmed teh employment from future date in feb/march

nearer teh time they got in touch gave me the start date - i gave my notice from prev job and all that

in the interview (whih was very comprehensive) they told me that teh product is not launched yet and its a new product and detailed what it will entail plus how much training and support will be there

now i joined the job - teh product was to be launched in mid march - which never did launched till date and they had no computer systems ready to work or train on - till now they arent in place - SO what we were training on ! NOTHING

some part of the product feature were ready trained on that for few days - some call scripts that will be used when someone buys that product -

NO SUCH real trainung of the product what so ever

then they put us in a call centre fucntion they do for another product in the business without any training on that and asked us to take calls in a call centre !!

without any knowledge of product i didnt wanted to take call and i just siad that i want to sit with people who work there and learn more before I go on teh phones AND THAT WORKED AGAINST ME

3 days after this ''resistance'' (my won way of learning what actually those other employees with that product training are doing) to take call on a product i know nothing about I took calls for two full days with all teh knowledge i could teach myself from just listening to those guys i sat with in last three days ............. 2 days later they called a meeting and told me i failed probation !!

its not fair but again i no i dont have tribunal rights

BUT BECAUSE OF THESE PEOPLE NOW I HAVE BEEN DISSMISSED FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN MY CAREER OF 5 YEARS

in meeting i tol them i do have potential definitley else why other companies which are 20 -40 times size of this business would employ me for that long??

teh answer to that was we DID A MISTAKE IN INTERVIEW AND WE CANT CONTINUE WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU NEED EXTRA TRAINING AND WE DO NOT HAVE RESOURCES !!!

i just want to know can in any way i can come to an agreement with ths company to convert my ''termination'' to a resignation?? i do NOT want to work with them ever and do not want any moeny off them just a plain agreement

In a nutshell i have failed probation from a job where the product i was hired for is not launched none of teh systems are ready and no actual training was done on THAT product i was hired for, how COULD I FAIL PROBATION??

any lawyer, union or even MP would be able to help ?? The reason I want the negotiation is - as i m looking for new jobs tehre is a question in employment form ''have you ever been dismissed from any office'' the answer to that would be Yes but i m not incompetent - i can explain my point to the future employer inan interview but declaring this information on my application as last employer dimissed me would seriously jeopradise my chances of getting that interview :( :(

what do you folks advice

i m sincerely thankful to all teh patience and effort you put in answering my query

Edited by pleasant.desire

Hello again.

I'll merge this with your other thread as it seems to be a continutation of what you were saying. It will save the guys here having to go off and look for it and possibly having to move between threads. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

i have a question relating to situation I am in

My contract was terminated in probabtion without apparent reasons - the letter issued says 'unsatisfactory performance' and i was there for 5 weeks only

Now I contacted my union rep, who in turn contacted the people policy director of business and expressed my concerns over this as i have a very good career record and this new job was just not for me and they asked me to leave

Now the union rep has sent me an email showing his conversaton with the people director, where he said that I do not need to mention any 'dismaissal' however i can say that the emloyment didnt worked out for my future interviews, which i did

Now i m still in trouble rather mental deliama that can this previous company's HR/Salaries dept say that 'reason for leaving - dismissal in probationary period''

and if they do so what can i do to remedify this situation

I m ver stressed as I m about to join a new job (thank god for that) and they will obv do referencing for past 5 years employment

any advice would be greatly appreciated

If i was in your shoes and asked i'd be saying i was there 5 weeks then finished due to "needs of the business" according to them

It's technically correct as they did not need to keep an unsatisfactory employee and a future employer would have to check and the old employer then was clear in a reference which they may or may not be bothered to do

or you can be 100% truthful and report their assessment of you which they made knowing you had no legal or internal recourse to challenge it

If you are employed, on probation or less than 2 years in and they end it for whatever reason you are dismissed, i would hope most employers realise their is a high staff turnover these days where the employer can be as immoral as employees may be useless and a prospective employer is normally more interested in dismissed for gross misconduct or left whilst under investigation fro gross misconduct

This is a decision only you can make but at least your gauging opinions first