Vodafone debt recovery. Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years ago i took out a 24 month contract with vodafone,

after this 24 month period was up i was told i had to contact them to cancel the contract or it would continue as a rolling one.

the phone was for a family member and they no longer had the phone or sim by the time the contracts 24 months was up.

I tried to contwct vodafone but was told i needed to call from the phone with the vodafone sim. Which seemed odd.

after a few times calling and trying to end it before the rolling period that i knew nothing about kicked in

they still hadnt agreed to end it for whatever reason and

the people i spoke to on the phone were either rude or unhelpful.

i cancelled payment.

Im now receiveing letters from 'FredPay' in order to rexover a debt of £45.

I refuse to pay them for a service i didnt use and did try to cancel.

Should i pay it and be done with it?

Whats the worst they can do?

I live in Scotland if that makes any difference

Edit* Should also mention they said they would end the contract and service in around 2 months time if i hadnt paid. This is what i wanted in the first place, so should i at least wait till then?

Hi Tes

Welcome to CAG

We have a good Vodafone rep on this site who can look into the matter for you.

W advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to them as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM

Hi and welcome to CAG,

What you have been told is a load of rubbish. You can contact them in any way you like. Sounds like someone didn't want to go through the rigmarole of a cancellation.

All that was needed was the account number plus the security details of the customer.

I bet you did this all by phone as well as they don't keep recordings (if any) for very long at all. I have to say that it is very strange that VF don't keep them safe as in the event of any dispute, they could refer to any calls or is perhaps they don't want to keep incriminating evidence. make your own mind up on that one.

Please follow the instructions above and you should be fine.

As for FredPay (stupid name) ignore them as they can do bu**er all to you.

What I would do is check your credit file as VF are very swift at defaulting a credit file for ridiculously small sums which then screw your credit rating for 6 years.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

and don't worry about the DCA

they are not bailiffs

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Teswolf,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

As suggested by rebel, could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

Thank you for the replies however i am unsure on the details you would require. I no longer have any of the documentation or letters that would have any sort of account number neither do i know the phone number used for the phone as i said i didnt use it and gave it to a family member.

Name address number. Things like that they can use to track the account down.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Teswolf,

Thanks for coming back to me.

As renegadeimp has mentioned, if you could complete the form with your name, address and date of birth, I'll try to locate the account.

Also, to ensure your email reaches me, remember to quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK