style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Monday 31/03/14 I went into work like I would do any normal day, I put my stuff away went to clock in an I was called into office, My manager sat me down and said to me

" Abi, You don't seem right for the job (after 4months of being there) I think its best we end it here, You will be paid for the next week, but you don't have to work it, take it off"

So that was it, in work for 10am back out and on my way home by 10:25

I text my ex manager yesterday to see when I would get a formal letter from the company saying I no longer work for them, when the weeks wage would get paid to me and also for them to sort my commission that I am owed from January. He is yet to reply.

The reason I am posting this is because;

A- Are they just allowed to dismiss me like that, no letter, no warning .. just a good bye

B - How do I go about recovering my wage and commission when I do not have it in writing that I have been let go or that they are going to pay me

The company I worked for are notorious for not paying people what they are owed, but I refuse to let it go, being unemployed I need the £400 they owe me

so any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you :)

Thank you :) I have sent another text today, still no reply :/

I did document everything, my regional manager who was giving me all the problems was dismissed a few weeks ago due to his attitude towards customers and employees

don't text! send letters, keep a copy and proof of postage!

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Letters end up in the bin or in the "filing" system which is a huge pile on the desk that never gets sorted through, they have letters from the court for payments that have been there for a few weeks and are being dealt with, Unfortunately working for them I have become used to their lack of taking responsibility they would much rather bury their heads in the sand.

the letter is not really for your employer, it's for a copy for the court. You are busy building an audit trail for court at the moment.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a post on here a while ago about being dismissed from work

**Dismissed on 31/3/14 I was told I needed to work a wee but to take this as a holiday and they would still pay me for it .. which I did as it was my manager who told me. I am yet to receive a letter from the company saying I have no job, I am also waiting for the weeks wage £260 and my commission from January £110**

I tried to contact my manager who never responded, so I wrote a letter to the head office making them aware that I still have not received the letter or the money they owe me. This letter was sent recorded and signed for (which was signed for on 14/4/14) They still have not replied.

Before I send them my 2nd letter I was wondering if there were anyways I could convince them to pay the owed money without going to court.

Are there any employment laws that say they need to pay this to me ? and send me my letter ??

Thank you

yes, there are laws about employment but you will struggle to enforce them without court by the sounds of it.

try moneyclaim online - £25 to lodge a claim from memory, may be wrong - court correspondence may scare them into action

have you checked your home insurance for legal cover?

Not moneyclaim after just one letter. I know you want what is owed to you, but write again and tell them they have 7 days to make the payments owed or you will take further action. You can head your letter 'Letter Before Action' so they are in no doubt what your intentions are and end your letter that no further correspondence will be entered into.

If they don't respond to this one, then you can begin court action.

I wrote a post on here a while ago about being dismissed from work

**Dismissed on 31/3/14 I was told I needed to work a wee but to take this as a holiday and they would still pay me for it .. which I did as it was my manager who told me. I am yet to receive a letter from the company saying I have no job, I am also waiting for the weeks wage £260 and my commission from January £110**

I tried to contact my manager who never responded, so I wrote a letter to the head office making them aware that I still have not received the letter or the money they owe me. This letter was sent recorded and signed for (which was signed for on 14/4/14) They still have not replied.

Before I send them my 2nd letter I was wondering if there were anyways I could convince them to pay the owed money without going to court.

Are there any employment laws that say they need to pay this to me ? and send me my letter ??

Thank you

Hello AL. I'ver merged the most recent thread that you started which I think is relevant to this employer. It will help guys like Emmzzi to advise you. Please think of the advisers and the advice that you would like to receive when you ask questions on CAG. If you add to an existing thread, it will help them to help you.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum