For Information only - Shocking

rebel11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is technically in the wrong forum -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-26725929

A pensioner from Greater Manchester claims he is being evicted after complaining about the solicitor who handled his father's will.

Paul Cowdrey from Rochdale said his home, part of his late father's inheritance, is being sold to pay a £130,000 legal debt owed to a solicitor.

He said he complained to the Law Society about the amount of hours he was being billed for by solicitor Michael Sandler.

Mr Cowdrey said he was then billed by him for investigating the complaint.

Two High Court judges have ruled Mr Sandler was right but the Solicitors Regulatory Authority described his behaviour as "morally reprehensible".

Reading between the lines (unreported) it would appear that this is a family dispute as the other siblings were quite happy with the outcome.I suppose it comes down to what the complaint was about?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

There must be more to this. It sounds like the court assessed the legal costs, so there would have been an examination of whether they are reasonable. 127k is a huge amount and would presumably only be upheld for quite a big case ... not for a complaint.

The only way I can make sense of this is to think that Cowdrey sued the solicitors for professional negligence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Cameron said the government can't intervene, but he is going to look into it.

I think the MP should stay out of it.

These are costs awarded by the Court so politicians should not try and interfere.