style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2970 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im not sure whether om in the right place? but wondering if someone can help me. I've been in c/t arrears and the bailiffs have control over it now,They have put £42.50 in December due to visits but now the new law came in on the 6th april 2014 they have been round on the 7th april 2014 at 8pm tried my door and gate then posted a note threw with charges of £235.00 plus 7.5% which is £268.00.I am going the DRO at the moment and just waiting for them to send me the last form.Can they put this amount on when they have already charged the £42.50 can they put this amount on as last year there was a certain amount that bailiffs could charge.Also i cannon t find the bailiffs name on the register R.lesser.Sorry for alll the questions,What happens now after this fee is added

Hi millie111

How much are your arrears, are they more than £1500? It looks like they have treatedc the £42.50 as the Compliance Stage, and as they had no levy are now looking to Take Control of Goods under the new system, hence the fee of £235, for the Enforcement stage; they can only charge the 7.5% on debts of greater than £1500, hence my question

What bailiff company is this and what council?

It is in your interest to engage with the enforcers at this point to try to get an agreement in place.

It would also be better to have your own thread to enable best advice, so hopefully site team will move your intitial post and my answer to a new thread for you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Youre posting in it :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D