Arden DCA refuses to accept MBNA CCA 'in default'

llewelyn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning

Can anyone advise me please?

MBNA have had a DCA on my account for some time.

I sent a DCA last year and they defaulted. so i sent them the default letter.

They've ignored this so i sent it again a few weeks ago. They still ignore it.

They are calling the house constantly and have written saying that they've sent a copy of the loan agreement

so its now enforceable and collectible.

I should add that they have never sent a signed copy of the agreement.

Can i report them to some one as they are in default and still harassing me?

Many thanks....

When was the agreement taken out?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They don't have to send a "signed copy" of the agreement. I suspect the DCA may be waiting for a reconstituted agreement from the OC.

Which DCA is this.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Arden Credit Management? Are they acting on behalf of MBNA?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

how old is this card?

is it on your Credit report?

who owns the debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Agreement taken out Dec 10th 2007. They've still not sent out a signed agreement and in spite of being told not to call they ring every day twice! I think they are in default and i think they're a bit naughty. After at least 5 requests that they treat it as a complaint I've finally had an official complaint form.

What should i expect or do?

Regards

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-(update-21.04.2014)

Did you send the letter from the link above regarding the telephone harrassment ?

If not, get it off to the DCA immediately. Once you have told them that you are NOT going to discuss the account on the telephone, they should stop. If they dont, then you can bring a claim for harrassment.

Have a read of all the posts in the link above.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agreement taken out Dec 10th 2007. They've still not sent out a signed agreement and in spite of being told not to call they ring every day twice! I think they are in default and i think they're a bit naughty. After at least 5 requests that they treat it as a complaint I've finally had an official complaint form.

What should i expect or do?

Regards

Did you check your credit reference file?

Complete their complaints procedure so you get a final response from them, then a complaint to FOS if their response is unsatisfactory.

Llew You say Arden are acting as DCA for MBNA. You don't mention it but was this account not assigned to Moorgate/Britannica then collection activity in the name Arden - which is just a trading style of Moor/Brit a f a i k?

You would at some point have received a Notice of Assignment if this is the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had a final response. They say they've sent all the paperwork in relation to them buying the debt, which is correct. They say they've sent a copy of the agreement which they have, unsigned. And they say the agreement was signed in October 2007. They say they consider it fully enforceable. However I've still not had a signed copy.

They don't need to send a signed copy to satisfy your CCA request, a reconstituted version will satisfy the request.

The recon must be accurate as regards your data and must have the T&Cs at the time the account was taken out and the variations (if any).

It may well be that what you have received would be enforceable but you might like to post it up so we can see.