Jobcentre paying your travel fares!

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm doing a 6 months course and have been told by the college I'm starting my course at that JOBCENTRE will pay for my fares there and back. I kept all my fares and gave them to the Jobcentre 2 weeks ago.

Jobcentre said they will NOT pay my fares and it cost me LOTS! I can't afford to pay for this course back and fourth.

They put me on this course so why am I paying for it?!

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

They wouldn't pay my daughter's fares either, even though they told her she HAD to attend. They also wouldn't pay for after-school care for her son, they said they don't pay for that, meaning every day she would miss half the session because she'd have to leave at 2!

Job center is mainly ran by people that were job seekers that could never get a job. I were 6 minutes late for an appointment because a freaking building was falling down up the road and the whole area was cut off. They told me it wasn't a good excuse and docked me £50. Was told off another time for quietly browsing the internet on my phone while waiting for an appointment.

Job center is mainly ran by people that were job seekers that could never get a job. I were 6 minutes late for an appointment because a freaking building was falling down up the road and the whole area was cut off. They told me it wasn't a good excuse and docked me £50. Was told off another time for quietly browsing the internet on my phone while waiting for an appointment.

Probably frowned upon the fact you had a phone capable of doing this while on JSA, because we aren't allowed to have ANYTHING like broadband etc as we don't need it to look for (fake) jobs do we?!

Those of us who have worked or now work for JCP could really do without this attitude, thanks - we offer advice here in our free time and we get quite enough of that kind of stuff at work.

It's not permitted to use a mobile in the Jobcentre - a rule that I agree is ridiculous.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

They referred me to this course if that's what u mean?

If not attending the course would put your benefits at risk of sanction then they should be paying your fares.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

It's not permitted to use a mobile in the Jobcentre - a rule that I agree is ridiculous.

Wonder who thought that one up? I can understand the JC not wanting people yakking away on their mobiles and causing noise - that annoys me too - but as the average JS Agreement requires claimants to be 'available for work at all times' they're rather shooting themselves in the foot with their 'no mobiles' rule.

I often sit and do Sudoku on my mobile while enduring the usual 10-minute delay to be seen. If I was ever challenged I'd say I was 'keeping my mathematical skills up to date in order to maintain my employability' :)

I used my mobile constantly for email, internet and playing games (no sound) whilst waiting for appointments in the past in front of advisers and other members of staff including security for a year at JCP and now at my WP - never been told to not use it

I used my mobile constantly for email, internet and playing games (no sound) whilst waiting for appointments in the past in front of advisers and other members of staff including security for a year at JCP and now at my WP - never been told to not use it

The rules are not applied consistently - mainly I suspect it's because the security staff who enforce the rules are not directly employed by JCP.

The rules are not applied consistently - mainly I suspect it's because the security staff who enforce the rules are not directly employed by JCP.

Not applied consistently from one office to the next, or from one day to another !

Used to regularly go in to my local office with a walking stick without any problem. One day, a "security" goon took exception because the stick had a sharp pointy end... Told him he would like the contents of my bag even less if he thought my stick was an offensive weapon. "In that case, I will have to search your bag"...

Pointed out that he had neither the authority or power to search anyone, and if he wished to engage in an illegal activity, I would have no option but to call the police.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Yes, I think these guys forget that they are operating in government offices. I mean, if you go to Asda or somewhere, well, that's private property and they can enforce whatever silly rules they like. JCP is a bit different.

if you go to Asda or somewhere, well, that's private property and they can enforce whatever silly rules they like.

Only a police officer (not a PCSO) has the legal powers to search someone, and even then, there are a limited set of circumstances they can do so. A private "security" guard, regardless of where he/she is operating, has no more rights than you or I.

They can ask someone not to drink, use a mobile phone, or refrain from any other "banned" activity. They can even ask someone to leave the premises, but they can not restrain or touch you - To do so would be assault.

Breaking up a fight or interceding in an altercation is slightly different - There is such a defence as "reasonable force" in such situations, but it is a fine line between "reasonable" and "excessive".

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering how long it takes usually for ur travel money to be paid back by the Jobcentre. I was supposed to be paid back on Wednesday and I'm STILL waiting for it to be in my bank!

Jobcentre are NOW paying for my travel after nearly begging them too!!!!

For a part time course I'm now on.

2 weeks ago it was paid in with my JSA but this time I'm still waiting for it. I signed the form thing for the travel sheet and b4 it used to take 3 days but now bit worried. They have my recpeits so maybe im worrying over nothing? Or they lost the sheet :/:jaw:

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

You should get in via petty cash as soon as you produce the travel document which they can copy. If they MAN'ed you to go on a course they should have provided the money or the travel ticket for you in advance otherwise you are out of pocket - why should you have to wait weeks for money for something they want you to attend and pay out of your benefit money which is designated money to live on?! I'd be having harsh words with your JCP and getting this paid in CASH ASAP

Well said Matt! :whoo:

I have been told that I had to go on this course but other time's my travel money has been paid in with my JSA. But didn't so I'm hoping that b4 nxt Wed it will be in or on Tues nxt wk prob I will call up!

But I will take notice of wot u said and ask them upfront to pay if i go on another POINTLESS course :madgrin::!:

Do they pay other people JSA money in on Fri nights (thought to sat i mean).

In no uncertain terms you say "If I am to go on this course I will need you to provide me with a means of travel i.e. bus or rail ticket BEFORE the first day of the course because if I use my JSA money I won't be able to eat or pay my bills, after all, you tell us this is the money we need to survive on and surviving is not paying for travel out of my own money for a course that YOU want me to go on"

• 4 months later...

I have a interview in retail next Friday and a friend of mine said that jobcentre should pay for ur interview clothes, shoes and also travel.

Is this true? If so I will keep the receipts it would REALLY help me if they do all these!

thx in advance :-)

BUT if you are currently attached to a Work Programme provider, the JCP will expect them to fund these expenses. The best thing to do is to ask the JCP before you have to go to this interview - If they say "no" and you still need a decent suit, it is worth looking in the local charity shops for one.