Declaring money coming in that's not mine

physicsgraduate
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again.

I hope your accountant and the bank can help, but I'm wondering if the various agencies will be interested in who is the beneficiary of the policy? That would be the person entitled to the money, sorry if that's teaching you to suck eggs.

Do you know who the beneficiary is please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think it is income but a capital gain and would thus be entered as a cash asset. Tax on this is mitigated over a number of years and so the amount you are taliking about would not attarct tax at all.

Filling out your self employed tax returns is actually very simple if your turnover is below a certain limit, basically you tell them the turnover, outgoings and net income and pay class 2 or 4 national insurance and then tax on the net income if it is above the threshold set for the year. No complicated accounts, just a 2 page short form for the business.

I dont think it is income but a capital gain and would thus be entered as a cash asset. Tax on this is mitigated over a number of years and so the amount you are taliking about would not attarct tax at all.

Filling out your self employed tax returns is actually very simple if your turnover is below a certain limit, basically you tell them the turnover, outgoings and net income and pay class 2 or 4 national insurance and then tax on the net income if it is above the threshold set for the year. No complicated accounts, just a 2 page short form for the business.

The original question was more about declaring it for tax credits. They ask for details of taxable income, whether or not tax was paid.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks