style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

2 months ago I was caught for theft in an local drug store,

it was very out of character for me and I feel absolutely terrible about it,

and have been feeling awful ever since,

I cannot condone my actions and I will never so such a stupid action again.

The police were called and the matter was resolved by community resolution.

I have googled online and I haven't found much about this,

I just wondered how badly this could affect any future plans?

E.g travelling, jobs etc.

I am not looking to go into a job involving money handling or working with children/elderly/vulnerable adults.

Since then I have received 3 RLP letters, and

although I have read copious amounts of advice on the website,

I would like someone to talk to who could aid me personally,

I am student and cannot really afford this debt (I know I shouldn't have done the act in the first place),

and just wondered what will be RLP's next course of action?

The letters have been going to my home address and my parents are becoming more and more worried.

How many more letters/what kind of letters will I be getting next?

I'm currently in my last year of university and this is beginning to affect my studies,

I don't want my degree to suffer for this either :(.

Will the RLP issue go on any kind of record?

If I pay will that make matters worse for me (not including the loss in money)?

Thank you.

you've found the right forum

so you've obv read the threads here already

there is nowt they can do to you

nor you via/job/credit file or anything.

just totally ignore them

if you like

for our records

scan up the letters you have received

for our archives.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

An anomaly in my case in regards to others I have seen is that my amount is £147.50 rather than the £137.50 which I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be, anyone have any idea what that is about? Also I wasn't provided with a break down of the "costs" to the store, and I think that is supposed to be given?

Thank you.

Stop worrying. Jackie cannot do anything apart from threaten you.

If you receive a letter from this silly woman, send the one line reply and use any further letters as toilet paper.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

147.50 is very common.

ignore

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There are many threads on here from people with serious debt issues and serious legal action but this isnt one of them, RLP are just a minor annoyance, like a fly, just ignore.

This is a forum so we cant aid personally, if you want advice like that you can visit CAB although they are rather busy these days.

It doesnt matter how much money the claim is for it is still a figure plucked out of the air as there is no debt. RLP cannot affect your career in any way, they have no power to alter your credit record, provide information to any third party and paying them may just encourage them to try and claim that you still owe something long after the event.

The matter has been dealt with in an appropriate way by the authorities and the store has accepted this via the community resolution. RLP wont accept this because ithey make their living trying to scare people.

Hello hello !! :roll:

Is it possible for your parents to be given the info to come and visit CAG for themselves. They will soon see just how much power RLP actually have.

If you were to visit the RLP website, they show there how many court cases they have won but:

1 RLP have no right to take anyone to court. That onus is on the retailer.

2 The last recorded case where RPL 'won' (no they didn't-the retailer did) was July 2012. If they were so sure of themselves, there would be more cases.

RLP threaten a data base of offenders which they state that potential employers could look at. The problem with that is that RLP cannot disclose any information to employers without your permission and even if they incorporated that into the forms at the shops, this can be rescinded at a later date.

They can also place nothing on your credit file.

Towards the end of the process, RLP will send their NON ENFORCEABLE invoice to a pet DCA (debt collector) who work on a no win-no fee basis. When those letters arrive, treat them with the same contempt they treat you with.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you everyone for your help :)

The 14 day limit on my 3rd letter has just finished, so I'm sure I'll be receiving more soon.

I will keep this forum updated.

Once the DCA gets involved, what usually happens then?

I just feel sorry for my parents who have to keep forwarding me these horrible letters!

nothing happens bar different coloured crayons on various silly threat letters.

dx

and they

Personally id send the one line letter. Ithers would ignore.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

I would send a one - liner as it shows to them that you are taking no rubbish from them. Once that is done, no further correspondence will be entered into.

No doubt Jackie will send the letter saying that you shouldn't take advice from internet forums but again, that is bluff and bluster.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thank you, may I have a version of the one liner I should send? I take it I send this to the Nottingham address on their letters?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?403807-Caught-shoplifting-from-Primark-RLP-letter&p=4348807&viewfull=1#post4348807

and yes to the address

• 3 months later...
Thank you, may I have a version of the one liner I should send? I take it I send this to the Nottingham address on their letters?

Hello1990, I have stupidly found myself in the same situation as you, and have just received my first letter from RLP. I was wondering if you could let me know what happened after you sent the one liner, and what the situation has been since April? Thanks very much

Hello1990, I have stupidly found myself in the same situation as you, and have just received my first letter from RLP. I was wondering if you could let me know what happened after you sent the one liner, and what the situation has been since April? Thanks very much

you need to start a new thread

of your own

dx

and they

Youll get the same as everyone else does. Theyll just ignore you, send half a dozen more letters full of absolute rubbish, then try and pass it on to a DCA who cannot do anything. This company relies purely on threats and intimidation to get what they want. Money. They have no right to harass you and you certainly should never give in to them, simply because you want them to go away. Just ignore everything they send and theyll give up.

Hey alice77,

I went to my local CAB and asked for their advice, they drafted me a letter to send them basically stating that they have no right to be sending me these demands and that the CAB will back me up in court if it was to proceed, since then RLP sent me a letter basically ignoring the whole thing and continuing to say the same things as before. It was nice to get piece of mind from the CAB, however it doesn't seem to have done much, thus I'm just going to ignore them from now on!

Hope this helps you!

I would actually have sent a letter back if they ignored a letter from cab. Something along the lines of you will now be taking legal advice for harassment as well as other reasons. Make jackie sit up and take notice.

However knowing jackie it would kick her npd into overdrive and youd probably get more letters.

It also shows that RLP have a single script and can't deviate from it. Presumably they had no answer!

If they can't respond to a valid point with something other than their next letter then even they aren't pretending that it's any more than an income generation scheme. Perhaps their chief advisor was out of office?