Remedy for mis-selling of contract - NPower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you think the Energy Ombudsman should be made accountable for their decisions?  

1 Cagger has voted

1. 1. Do you think the Energy Ombudsman should be made accountable for their decisions?

Hi,

I have been mis-sold energy contracts twice now by Npower, now.

The energy Ombudsman have no legal training and don't even seem to have an obligation to adhere to Consumer Protection Act, Distance Selling regulations or even the Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. But more of that later.

Unfortunately UK's implementation of the associated EU Directives does not provide for compensation to be paid out to the consumers.

Npower has been applying for WoE twice now and failed but they are going for it for a third time.

They won't make a claim for the so called out standing invoices because they know that I would defend it & force them to recalculate my invoice according to the offer and not the contract which I did not sign because it was fundamentally different to the offer I accepted on the phone.

They have switched me back to their standard "tariff" instead of the low income tariff that I had initially negotiated for thereby denying me even warm home subsidies.

I have asked for and they won't let me switch supplier until I pay the the extortionate invoices which include costs of the failed applications for WoE.

Can some one tell me what remedy I can claim for through the county court because to be honest neither OFT or Ofgem have even bothered to come back and ask for my evidence: The transcription of my telephone conversation with Npower recorded by myself which seems different to the one the Ombudsman has based its ruling. However I have now managed to obtain a second transcription under SAR which confirms to my own recording and not the Ombudsman's claim.

By the way if anyone thinks that any of the Ombudsman are impartial or independent then they my must be living some where different to me. I have had dealings with most of them either for my own cases or on behalf of members of my family.

They are all corrupt to the core but are accountable to no one. Once I took BT to court for my sister for a bogus sale of £975.00 when the Ombudsman had ruled that my sister should pay it and we won loss of income of over £3,000.00 plus all the outstanding invoices that were written off.

From what I have gathered the only thing I can claim is for the difference between what I should have paid and what I have been invoiced through the small claim court but calculating that is a tasks worthy of payment in itself.

I have spent almost a year on this and I find the remedies totally inadequate. If I am going to go through a legal proceeding which took almost a year last time and hundreds of pager of witness statement then I want to get the cost of my time back at least but this is not possible in small claim courts.

I can claim for damages but they are difficult to quantify. It seems that under Eu Directive I should be able to claim for my time and emotional distress caused by Npower's outrageous behaviour. But in UK that will only happen if OFT instigate proceeding. Well at least this is what I have understood so far.

So does anyone know more and can help me?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've received your email expressing concern that this post has not received any replies.

I hope you won't take offence if I say that this is probably because what you have written is a bit of a rant and really doesn't tell us many facts about what has happened.

I think that putting the poll up hasn't helped you either.

I am sure that you are angry and frustrated but if you are going to deal with this, then it is probably time to start becoming practical about it.

I am sure that people will be pleased to help but I think that the best thing would be if you started a new thread and used it to explain the fact of what has happened, what you believe you have lost.

That might be a better starting point.