style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yup, keeper of the vehicle. send off the appeal as suggested and wait for their response and your lovely POPLA code. When you appeal to POLA it will cost them money and you nothing. You dont even have to pay up if POPLA dont uphold your appeal, it just gives them the green light to try their luck again.

Sorry to keep bothering you but if I reply to them then I'm playing their game what if I just ignore them and if it comes to a head I just say I never received any letter from them and unless they have a picture of me with the car they can't prove I had the parking notice in the first place.

Sorry to keep bothering you but if I reply to them then I'm playing their game what if I just ignore them and if it comes to a head I just say I never received any letter from them and unless they have a picture of me with the car they can't prove I had the parking notice in the first place.

Why wait for it to ' come to a head '? You may as well play their game now... and win.

You appeal to ANPR .

'As registered keeper of vehicle reg no. xxxxxxx , I have received parking charge notice ref. xxxxxxxxx.

As registered keeper, I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or issue me with a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

I am under no obligation to name the driver of the vehicle.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage. '

Head the letter Appeal, just to be clear...

That is my advice to get the charge cancelled.

Hi

If memory serves me right, ANPR have attempted court action where a RK has ignored them in the hope that they get a default judgement.

By playing their game, this usually helps your case as it shows them you are not going to bend over and take it.

Even if POPLA did reject your appeal, you still don't have to pay. ANPR would have to take you to court to enforce it.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I don't know what good it will do but I have sent a complaint to DVLA asking why my details were given out without my permission and what checks they do before giving information like that out. I received a standard reply by email with a very interesting quote (In order to comply with the Data Protection Act we are unable to reply by email if it contains any personal information to you, if there is a need for personal information to be included then we will contact you by post) what a load of rubbish but it's ok to give out my details to anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I sent ANPR a letter with proof of post on the 28th May stating APPEAL at the top and asking for a code to be sent, on Saturday received a letter from them Final Demand for £140 in 7 days or they will hand the debt to local debt recovery agency. Should I respond again or just wait a bit longer for the code.

Ooh. Scary scary :shock: A local debt recovery agent! Bu**ger all they can do to you.

Wait for the response to your appeal. You have poked them once, you don't need to poke them again. Especially as you have proof of postage.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You are not going to get a code and they are not going to get any money. Ignore the numpties and if they send a debt collector round let your dog bite them whilst it is still legal to do so. If you havent got a dog bite them yourself and shout "arf arf".

• 1 month later...

Hi again it's been awhile and today received a letter from Expedition debt recovery on behalf of their client ANPR with an official looking claim form with Northampton County Court and asking me to indicate a preferred court for the hearing. I have not been given a popla code by ANPR so what should I do it's tempting to call the debt company to see if they exist.

so they have sent you a court form that is not officially stamped? It is an offence to misrepresent the court so I would be copying it and posting it back to your nearest court (or Northampton bulk centre) with a complaint that you are being threatened by this company and they are issuing forms that are designed to fool you into thinking that it is a genuine form as an attempted fraud to coerce you into paying money that is not owed.

Copy to trading standards and the Financial Conduct Authority as they are supposed to have a credit licence if they are collecting money for other companies.

Please do this and let us know what response you get.

After you get an acknowledgement of receipt from one of these organisations let ANPR that you have reported them and their agents for fraud in the manner described and demand an apology or you will seek damages for harassment.