Meteor Parking 'ticket' Orpington Station

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3663 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

,I have been looking at other posts and I am unsure what to do.

On Friday I parked at Orpington Station car park and paid £6 in advance online for my parking ticket.

It said my number plate will automatically be picked up

but to be sure i printed out my receipt to leave on the dashboard.

I returned to my car that evening to find a parking ticket!

I asked the man in the station and he told me that they have special 'sections' that you have to park in before 9.30am.

However throughout the whole online booking process i was not told this

and the worked at the station said theres a sign as you drive in but thats it!

I looked for the sign as you drive in but could not see it (probably due to overgrown bushes

and builders advertisement boards etc).

He told me i should appeal it as i did pay and a lot of people dont realise about the areas,

expecially if its their first time parking there.

However from looking on here everyone seems to be saying ignore it?

If i ignore it what is the likely outcome that will happen?

would anyone suggest appealing it?

Who issued the ticket?

And what is the exact title of the ticket at the top (eg "Parking Charge Notice", etc)?

The ticket is from a company called Meteor and the title is 'Notice of breach of terms and conditions of Parking at any car park owned or managed by Meteor Parking Limited on behalf of Southeastern'

Sounds like a privately issued charge then. The advice usually given these days is not to ignore it. For advice, you'd be better off posting on the forum for private charges (or maybe one of the mods can move the thread). See here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Private-Land-Parking-Enforcement

Hi,

I have been looking at other posts and I am unsure what to do.

On Friday I parked at Orpington Station car park and paid £6 in advance online for my parking ticket.

It said my number plate will automatically be picked up but to be sure i printed out my receipt to leave on the dashboard.

I returned to my car that evening to find a parking ticket!

I asked the man in the station and he told me that they have special 'sections' that you have to park in before 9.30am.

However throughout the whole online booking process i was not told this

and the worked at the station said theres a sign as you drive in but thats it!

I looked for the sign as you drive in but could not see it (probably due to overgrown bushes and builders advertisement boards etc).

He told me i should appeal it as i did pay and a lot of people dont realise about the areas,

expecially if its their first time parking there.

However from looking on here everyone seems to be saying ignore it?

If i ignore it what is the likely outcome that will happen?

would anyone suggest appealing it?

The ticket is from a company called Meteor and the title is 'Notice of breach of terms and conditions of Parking at any car park owned

or managed by Meteor Parking Limited on behalf of Southeastern'

OK, ticket on windscreen means that you can appeal as the driver of the vehicle

and your appeal is that you paid and that there were no conditions applied to your purchase at the time of purchase

and so anything else is not park of a contract you entered into and therefore not applicable.

they wont like this so will probably reject your appeal

the other option is to wait until meteor send out a notice to keeper and

this has be be between 28 and 56 days after the ticket is stuck on the screen.

before or after that and no claim against keeper, just driver and

you are not obliged as keeper of vehicle to name that person.

If they do write then appeal and if the appeal is rejected they should give you a POPLA number.

Many station car parks come under the Railways Act so PoFA wouldnt apply anyway

but metoer is owned by the railway companies and they would rather screw a few quid out of you

than seek to use their byelaws to fine you as they dont get that money.

If the signs are not visible then that is another reason for not forming a contract as insufficient notice

or signage means contract is an unfair one under consumer law.

It's a private parking company, so it's just a speculative invoice. The markings on the ground are merely graffiti.

Wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive (if one does at all!). If it does, appeal it stating you already paid and the sign wasn't visible on entrance to the car park. Demand a POPLA code with your appeal.

If they reject your appeal, appeal to POPLA with the code they gave you stating you paid. POPLA will accept your appeal since you paid.

Remember it's not a "fine". Only the authorities can issue a "fine". This is just an invoice.

Keep us updated.