Customer Compliance Interview....concerned

KayW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey so today i got a letter from DWP titledcustomer compliance interview...I have no idea what this is about. My circumstancs have not changed however the letter indicates this.

I had an appt on my last signing date...regular interview where i needed to bring in my passport,birth certificate, driving licence, bank statments and proof of bills if i pay any which i don't. I have seen several threads regarding his....are DWP doing random spot checks?

Asi said nothing has changed in regards to my claim, though on that last appt on my bank statement he noticed a payment from Bedford Hospital however this was paid training/induction ready for when I begin employment with them however this is going to be some time away. When i explained this he seemed OK with the answer I gave and didn't question further. Secondly I have an ISA which again he notice on my statement when I was making transactions between my current and isa. I don't think at time of my claim I didn't mention the ISA, so could this be another reason? They know of it now as I gave proof of that ISA and that was that...no more questions asked of it, plus that ISA doesn't have much in it. Those are the only two things i can think of, however not many questions were asked. So it leads me to think its a random spot check cause i also got a call three weeks ago making sure my circumstances were the , following the call i got a letter to say I received the call and my claim has been updated.

So...do I worry? Because I am!!!

Edited by KayW

Compliance interviews are not usually anything to worry about. Since you mentioned your signing date I presume you are claiming JSA. If so, is this income based or contribution based? Also, roughly how much is in your ISA - critically, is it between £6000 and £16,000?

Is the letter you've received asking you to attend another interview, or is it a summary of the interview you had on your last signing day?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for replying. Yes JSA it is income based and in regards to how much in my ISA its is much less then £6000. And it doesnt mention anything about another interview and doesnt say anything about that interview on signing day.

I had an appt on my last signing date...regular interview where i needed to bring in my passport,birth certificate, driving licence, bank statments and proof of bills if i pay any which i don't. I have seen several threads regarding his....are DWP doing random spot checks?

You shouldn't need to take passport, birth certificate, and driving licence - If it were me, it would be either birth certificate or passport. The driving licence would stay at home and no mention made of it (saves being pushed in to unsuitable self employed driving jobs). If you have any other savings beyond a couple of bank accounts that haven't been declared, for example shares and premium bonds, now is the time to provide the information.

Found out recently that I had some premium bonds that had been purchased in my name back when I was a baby - Nothing was said when I finally mentioned them for CTR...

Bank statements will be to show current savings, and along with any bills, provide evidence of your current address - In all, nothing to worry about, it is just the DWP doing a few routine checks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It does concern me still. I have a current and an ISA. No bills, though i did pay couple bills to help my dad out and one bill shows up as Santender....but that was one off. I have not withheld anything and have no secrets. Dont mind the routine checks but still.