Halifax - time to get the fees back

RedVixen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3672 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Short background

My mother passed away 6 years ago and the estate still has the house. Initially the mortgage wasn't paid for 18 months after her death - neither myself or the co-exeutor were working and in 2008 HIPS were still enforce and there allegedly wasn't any money left in the estate to pay for a HIPS so the house couldn't be sold (there should have been enough money for 12 months of housing costs but co-executor spent it all in six weeks down at Tescos). Roll on to now. I have been in and out of work, used a PPI win to avoid repossession in Oct 2009 (literally arrived back from arranging the transfer to find the court papers on the doormat) Arrears built again - were cleared again - built again were cleared again - currently cleared and my work situation is looking more stable after changing industry - the right decision my income is much healthier than it has been in about 7 years (council tax arrears are next to be cleared in a few months)

Halifax did what all mortgage companies did - the computor send the same letter out every month the only difference being around £300 arrears, and £1700 arrears where the wording changes but essentially the same. They charged £35 for these letters.

A year or so ago they restructured the mortgage into 2 accounts the capital account and a secondary account of about £2K which I understand is where they put all the charges and fees

There is also two sets of legal fees - one for when they used the court to have myself and the co-executor declared the legal owners - co-executor swore he had completed and sent in the probate forms - more lies he is good at lies and bugger all else. Took me two days to sort it after I spike to the probate office and they told me they hadn't received any forms - he didin't seem to know about a few things required when filling these forms in so I know it was lies not lost. The second set is the fees up until issues the court summons for repo - that was stopped a week after I sent the lump sum from my PPI in.

I suspect that there is another fee for a visit - I told him to get lost

I am going to start with a SAR to find out all the fees added since my mother died.

I want to try and sell this year so the getting the fees back is within my remit as executor to maximise the estate value. Lower mortgage left more left for the beneficiaries - me and the lying theiving co-executor.

So SAR next week and then the rest of the process starts

The mortgage is in the name of personal reps of Mrs XX but the mortgage compnay has a copy of the probate documents so they know I am partially liable for the account

Not so brief afterall:oops:

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Sounds like a plan to me :) I have linked you to two letters below.

1: SAR request - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request

2: Letter asking for your money back - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?390026-Mortgages-Reclaiming-Charges

:)

Make sure that you obtain at the very least, a free proof of posting when sending these letters. For the SAR, they have 40 calendar days in which to comply.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D