NRAM want to repossess my house!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Firstly , a little background history about my predicament....

I am heavily in debt, I have the following monthly outgoings:

NRAM morgage on my 2 bed house £389

NRAM mortgage on mine and my estranged wifes house(with our 3 children) £675

Firstplus Secured Loan £383

Individual Voluntary Arrangement via Debt Free Direct £247

Food, fuel, gas , electric, living expenses approximately £300

TOTAL £1994

INCOME (depending on how much overtime I can get) £2000-£2150

As you can see, I am living on a knife edge financially.

Now, during the middle of last year,I had a few large bills (boiler packed up), and the overtime dried up too, and as a result, I missed three/four mortgage payments on my house (£389p.m).

The arrears stood at £1132 at the end of September 2013, but I was able start paying £450 a month which I did.

So the repayments looked like this..

September 2013 £450

October 2013 £450

November 2013 £450

December 2013 £450

January 2013 £450

Febuary 2013 £500

Therefore, anyone with half a brain could see that the arrears were REDUCING !

But guess what?

Despite constant phone calls from NRAM ( which don't create more money to pay them!),

they still took me to court at the end of Febuary with the view to repossess.

I only had £713 arrears left at the beggining of March and a court date for 2nd April 2014....

So I had to sell stuff and skip paying other debts in order to pay NRAM.

So I paid £477 to NRAM on the 17th March 2014 and on the 27th March, I paid £624, clearing the arrears and making April's payment also.....

And they STILL took me to court! By this time I was bricking it.:jaw:

So on the 2nd April , I went to court to face them alone. (I cannot afford a solicitor)

But luckily one of the court duty scheme solicitors was available. So we went in and NRAM's solicitor just said " we seek an adjournment" and the Judge just asked me if things were going to improve financially....

I just said I hope so , and that I am trying to work as much overtime as possible to increase my income blah blah blah....

The judge just said that if I have arrears again in the next 12 months then I will end up in court again.

So that was it, I just wanted to get out of there....

After reading some of the posts, I think the judge was more in favour of NRAM to be honest.

On Monday , I am going to send NRAM a nice £10 present and a Subject Access Request so I can claim my penalty charges back.....

I hope CAGgers in the same boat as I am realise it's not as bad as they think....

Now my question is: Can someone send me the template for the SAR and some advice on what do?

Also do those that know, do you think I was treated fairly by the court and NRAM? Opinions please?

Kind Regards

Dick

Edited by dickturpin55
grammatical errors

Here you go link to SAR request.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request(1-Viewing)-nbsp

I would send it to their Head/Registered office address and if you can afford it, send by tracked mail - Recorded or Special Delivery. If you are unable to do this, then please DO obtain a Free proof of posting certificate available from the Post office.

They have 40 calendar days to provide you with ALL the data they have in respect of your financial relationship with them.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:thumb:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dickturpin

I feel for you my friend as I have been in a similar debt situation with nram

You will find that your going without and robbing peter to pay Paul all the time and when you make the payment the interest and charges will cancel all this out and indeed they will require more money

I have had times when contacting there "customer care" they are totally unsympathetic and have myself been before a judge twice,firstly in your situation which I agreed an extra £40 a month and secondly when they brought me back in to claim more money, they lost this and the judge threw it out and asked them to pay my cost due to me continuing my payments as agreed,

I think you may have been able whilst in court to persuade the judge that the extra money you have offered and was paying towards the arrears and I'm surprised the duty solicitor didn't advise that the extra £50 you were paying off the arrears this way the judge may have made an order to that effect due to your circumstances

I'm worried for you as the longer this goes on the more you are delaying the inevitable, you can't afford to keep both mortgages going, I can understand you want to keep the estranged wife a kids in a home but is there any way that mortgage can be reduced via interest/extended ?

Can the secured loan be reduced/interest

Sorry I can't be of much help my friend but keep your chin up, you are not alone plus Citizen B is a great help

When you sar Nram you will have to be on the ball as there charges are very confusing so take some advice as they baffled me so good luck with that

Regards

Gary

Hi Dickturpin.

I'm afraid I haven't got a lot of advice re NRAM, but I notice that you have a secured loan with First plus, as have I (unfortunately) and I'm sorry to say Gary that there is no way that they will reduce anything to help. BUT........Please do hang around here because I had some success with Firstplus in court re their extortionate interest rate etc. There is another group who are working very hard to get the regulators to see the unfairness in their contract and how they have continued to increase their interest rate despite the BOE rates being reduced to 0.5%.

So really this is just a pick me up! If you want to have a look at my story feel free!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349408-Cannot-afford-Firstplus-payments-very-worried!!-Please-help!/page20

It's pretty long but the result is page 20 that I have given above.

So hang in there, if it goes how we hope it might help you!

Good luck